Stock up alert!

cabinchick

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
old fashioned said:
I don't remember if this has been mentioned before or not, but there is a small chain of stores called 'Grocery Outlet' that you can find some great deals. Although in the last few years I've noticed their prices can sometimes be even more than big chains sales so you need to be aware. It is my understanding they get there stuff from the big chains that are overstock or discontinued. Sometimes the brands are from a different region of the country and in the past I have found name brand stuff but was in a different language but not so much anymore.
Just saying it's another place to check out for bargains.
I love Grocery Outlet. Just like any other clearance center, you have to go often to find the real deals.

GardenWeasel

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Peanuts and peanut butter. 20%-40% may have already happened or will soon. Still working on the case I bought last year but will be checking prices now.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I bout 15lb buckets from Azure Standard on my last order. Just peanuts and salt.

The problem is I cant get them to mix. Any suggestions??? :hu

g

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
TanksHill said:
I bout 15lb buckets from Azure Standard on my last order. Just peanuts and salt.

The problem is I cant get them to mix. Any suggestions??? :hu

g
What are you trying to mix?

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Sorry, the peanut butter. I think the problem is the size of the container. A wooden spoon just isn't cutting it.

g

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Ah, we buy natural peanut butter and use a chopstick or table knife, but I guess it depends on the size you buy? Ours comes in just larger than pint jars. If you are getting something similar to the Costco size jar, you'll need something slim and metal like a meat fork--that's what we used to use when we bought the Costco "Adams" brand natural peanut butter. Those jars were huge!

Or, if you have a hand-held mixer you can use ONE of the beaters--we did that a few times as well, you just have to scoop the more solid stuff up from the bottom first, then mix.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Yes the bucket is big. Maybe too big. :( I was thinking the mixer but I only have a kitchen aid. I wonder if the bucket would fit under it? Maybe I can borrow one.

:hu

AnnaRaven

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Just got whole chickens at Safeway for $.89 a pound. :woot

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Apples are on sale at Sunflower market - 77 cents/pound

old fashioned

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I heard this morning on the news about a coffee bean shortage. Did anyone else hear this? The story mentioned weather as being the culprit. If this is true you can expect the prices to skyrocket over the next few months. About a year or so ago I was paying somewhere around $5-$6 per 39oz can and currently the prices range from $9-$12+ per can. If the prices do go up from there...there is going to be alot of cranky people around :/ I'd suggest if you can find it for a decent price....STOCK UP NOW!