Stock up alert!

becky3086

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I picked up a yellow pepper in the store the other day just to show Phil--$1.72 for 1 yellow pepper! I walked down a way and there were two marked down packages with 2 green peppers in each for $1.09. I took them both and will freeze or dry them. I am always picking up things that are marked down. I have 8 pints of tomatoes in the cupboard from last week and the week before because of mark downs. Perfectly good tomatoes. I dry marked down mushrooms as well as other things.

wooddustmaker

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I always have to check the "rancid meat pile," as my brother calls it, but only at select stores. I will not buy meat from wally world, or most places. I usually only buy from 2 stores, where I know they really do cut it in the store. Gotta love the rancid meat pile.

old fashioned

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
wooddustmaker said:
I always have to check the "rancid meat pile," as my brother calls it, but only at select stores. I will not buy meat from wally world, or most places. I usually only buy from 2 stores, where I know they really do cut it in the store. Gotta love the rancid meat pile.
I call that the 'aged to perfection' section. :lol:

BriteChicken

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
TanksHill said:
BriteChicken said:
Oh Man I hope that my Big Lots still has the GF Bobs on Sale I will buy the store out of GF cornbread mix and oats! I love oatmeal but it's so Dang expensive certified GF! :)
At my store they get it all the time. The first time I went it was mainly soup mixes and a couple GF items. The last time the shelf was packed. Just keep looking.
:thumbsup
Thanks I found 1 cornbread and 2 GF oats at the Big lots in my town :)

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Middlefield Farm Market had the same price on potatoes this morning, so I got one 50lb bag. (time is running out on the weekend... :( )

Sweet Onions were $18 for a 50 lb bag (?), peppers $18 per bushel. I'm sure deals would be had at the the end of the day....

Kingsfarm

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
FarmerJamie - what can you do with 50# of onions? bought a dehydrator what do you dehydrate?

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Kingsfarm said:
FarmerJamie - what can you do with 50# of onions? bought a dehydrator what do you dehydrate?
I didn't buy the onions or the peppers today - I put the prices out there because there are several SS'ers in the vicinity. The onions I would dehydrate or chop, blanch, and freeze and when I get tomatoes in bulk, I use a lot of onions and peppers in making sauces to can.

GardenWeasel

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
For those of you with a local Rural King- Hills Bros coffee, the big can is $6.49. We went yesterday and bought 10. While we were there we encouraged 2 older ladies to try homemade laundry soap. I am older too so don't start on me but I am so happy with my no smell, no itch, economical soap that I am always happy to share. Also bought a feed pail bucket that won't break into pieces every time you touch it. I am trying to keep grain soaking consistently for my chickens to up the food value.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
A friend told me the Safeway is kicking out $3 off coupons for Folder's coffee. She bought a can, got the coupon and went back for another and got another coupon. She is going to try again in a few days and see if she still gets a coupon.