Stock up alert!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yea Deb that makes sense. I guess it is easier for me to blame the store....:p :lol:

and advertised sales get you into the door. at that time they hope you grab alot of stuff to spend your money on before you leave. stinkers haha

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Personally, I hate rain checks. I've had them B4 and had the item never come in. Or, I lose it because it takes so long to come in.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
rain checks have treated me good usually. I guess it is the stores in general whether they work well or not. or if it is a common item on sale they seem to always have on the shelf.

did anyone notice that the stores are selectively doing away with alot of items. Our detergent aisles used to be everything, from powders in all size boxes, to liquid in all size containers, now my local stores have literally 1/2 of what was available before. total brands are gone, only a few sizes of certain brands etc. I think the price increases are reeking havoc on their store space etc. for what will sell and what won't now. I know I am super selective on what goes in my cart. funny thing is as certain products shrink, I am not 'seeing' what is taking up the aisle space they made for other products.

I walk by tons of products in a store and think, who ever buys that lol...I guess someone does or it wouldn't be there lol

huh

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I don't even go in the detergent aisle in the one store. I can't get the bars in there, so why bother?

MyKidLuvsGreenEgz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I basically shop once a month, when my money comes in. Yes, I clean off the shelves for canned fruit, no-sugar added, because my kid eats at least one can a day, sometimes two, all by himself. It's one of his autism things, and whoa is me when I run out. So would I be condemned for taking 60 cans of his favorite canned fruit on the 3rd of the month?

BTW, better on target, last year around this time, baking potatoes were at a great price. I found one 10-pound-bag for only a dollar, but didn't see that at any store this year. Really bummed about that, because homemade potato skins is another food my kid MUST have.

And I'm sure I've mentioned that I'm allergic to a chemical in almost all cleaning products. So when I found my special brand of shampoo at the dollar store, you bet your sweet bippy I grabbed all I could. A dollar a bottle compared to $3.25 at wally. Really saved me money.

Now, if only I could get my raised-garden-bed wood on sale! Occasionally I find some in the .50 bin but that's really rare. Anybody have a good coupon for Home Depot?!?!

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
A lot of the product "sizing" and "availability" options are being dictated, er, negotiated, by large mega-retailers to force suppliers to make changes to streamline the supply chain/stocking flow.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
MyKid
hey if you have to have the product, darn right ya gotta have it. :)

and saving $ anywhere you can sure is a necessity nowadays when shopping.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Most stores I've dealt with (and worked at) can (and are willing to) special-order hard-to-find items by the case. You may not get the "big deal" on them, but might be an option for the hard-to-find stuff.

cknmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
The key to stocking up is to rotate your stock. Put the new stuff in back and use the older stuff.

We have a family of eight and try to shop for a month or more at a time. So our carts are always.
very full.

Monica