Sttttttrrrreeettcch IT...

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I was using steel wool pads-until I found some type of metal pads in Dollar General. There were 2 pads in the pack, and they were selling for just over $1.00, I don't recall now exactly how much they sold for. They do a GREAT job of cleaning. I have been using the first one now for over a month, and other than no longer being the same shape, there's not a thing wrong w/it.

I'm not a sandwich eater, so I try to make enough dinner to last me for lunch the next day.

I got a huge ham for free. Hubby sliced off a bit, but not much. I'll be cutting some steaks from it, having some in chunks for scalloped potatoes w/ham, and then boiling up the bone to use as the base for either split pea or lentil soup-or both!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Don't know. Not sure what I'm having for dinner tomorrow, but I think it will involve acorn squash. Maybe I could cut it in half, clean it out, cook up some beef, rice and onions, and stuff em w/that mixture. Or just mix that all together and let it cook in the squash.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
I stretch liquid hand soap by buying the foaming soap pumps. When they need a refill, put about 1/2" of regular liquid soap refill in the bottom of the bottle (depending on the size of the bottle), and then fill the rest of the bottle with water. Swish gently to mix the soap and water, and tada, foaming soap. It sure makes the refill jug last FOREVER!!!

Making our own liquid laundry soap really cut our expenses by a LOT. One 5 gallon batch lasts us a year for the two of us. At about $11.00 for the jug that we would buy from BJ's probably once a month or so, that is a decent savings per year! I am working on putting together the recipe for the dish detergent for the same reason!

I no longer buy shampoo and conditioner, either. I simply using baking soda and apple cider vinegar on my hair, which works marvelously! SO much better than when I used the regular stuff, and SO much better for me! Chemical free is a good thing!!

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
hqueen13 said:
I stretch liquid hand soap by buying the foaming soap pumps. When they need a refill, put about 1/2" of regular liquid soap refill in the bottom of the bottle (depending on the size of the bottle), and then fill the rest of the bottle with water. Swish gently to mix the soap and water, and tada, foaming soap. It sure makes the refill jug last FOREVER!!!

Making our own liquid laundry soap really cut our expenses by a LOT. One 5 gallon batch lasts us a year for the two of us. At about $11.00 for the jug that we would buy from BJ's probably once a month or so, that is a decent savings per year! I am working on putting together the recipe for the dish detergent for the same reason!

I no longer buy shampoo and conditioner, either. I simply using baking soda and apple cider vinegar on my hair, which works marvelously! SO much better than when I used the regular stuff, and SO much better for me! Chemical free is a good thing!!
:lol: Hey..I do that with the pump soaps..Dawn. I get them home, divide them in half into saved pumps...and fill with water. I have actually refilled the same bottles with water till they didn't pump foam anymore.

hqueen13

Reaction score
Oh oh Oh! I just thought of one more!!
We shop online almost exclusively through ebates.com
Ebates works with a LOT of major retailers and offers a percent back on all of your purchases. I was shocked to find just how many major retailers are included in their list. You can get anywhere from 2% to 12% and sometimes more for bonus deals in cash back. Every so often they put a check in the mail to you in the amount of your cash back. We have done pretty much ALL of our holiday shopping through the website, and are now getting a check for more than $50.00 back on our purchases. Most of the retailers had free shipping, or even in store pickup available, which was less hassle for me anyway!
Anyway, check here if anyone is interested. They also have a refer a friend program, so if anyone goes through the link if you sign up and buy, then I'll get a credit, too.
They will also send you a $10.00 gift card to your choice of a few different retailers after you make your first purchase.
http://www.ebates.com/rf.do?referrerid=ZY9n7iCP4Bu5bVAyEnj1WA==

Happy Shopping!!

ChaneyLakegirl

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Before online shopping, I usually check evrewards.com. It lists all the cash back sites that offer savings for any given store. I belong to many cash back sites to maximize the % coming back to me.

edited for spelling

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
hqueen13 said:
Oh oh Oh! I just thought of one more!!
We shop online almost exclusively through ebates.com
Ebates works with a LOT of major retailers and offers a percent back on all of your purchases. I was shocked to find just how many major retailers are included in their list. You can get anywhere from 2% to 12% and sometimes more for bonus deals in cash back. Every so often they put a check in the mail to you in the amount of your cash back. We have done pretty much ALL of our holiday shopping through the website, and are now getting a check for more than $50.00 back on our purchases. Most of the retailers had free shipping, or even in store pickup available, which was less hassle for me anyway!
Anyway, check here if anyone is interested. They also have a refer a friend program, so if anyone goes through the link if you sign up and buy, then I'll get a credit, too.
They will also send you a $10.00 gift card to your choice of a few different retailers after you make your first purchase.
http://www.ebates.com/rf.do?referrerid=ZY9n7iCP4Bu5bVAyEnj1WA==

Happy Shopping!!
Does this site require a membership purchase?

hqueen13

Reaction score

hqueen13

Reaction score
ChaneyLakegirl said:
Before online shopping, I usually check evrewards.com. It lists all the cash back sites that offer savings for any given store. I belong to many cash back sites to maximize the % coming back to me.

edited for spelling
Thanks for that tip.... going to look now! Yay for saving money!