Stuck between a rock & hard place....new questions???

Bimpnottin

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Ok, I'm not promoting this product because my husband works for the company, but I am saying that it worked wonders on my 6-year-old nephew. He was really having the attention issues and not working to his potential. (read as being a royal pain in the butt) My sister tried this and within 2 weeks even his teacher noticed a difference in his attention span and focus. So, it might be worth a shot. yes, I know it's expensive, but everyone's sanity is worth it.

http://www.enzymatictherapy.com/Products/Childrens-Health/Focus/03336-Sea-Buddies-Concentrate.aspx

And my daughter's school really works on helping each individual child. Some of the kids have "fidgits"(like a squeezie ball) to play with when they can't sit still. Others have rubber stretch bands across the front of their desks to have something to do with their feet. One boy in her class gets so frustrated when he needs "sensory time" that they literally have to take him to the office and use a plastic comb to comb his back to give him something else to focus on, because he really cannot focus and goes into overload.

Just some ideas. I really hope you can find something that works for you.

rathbone

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Humble suggestion...go to school with them. Talk to the teacher and administrators first and explain that you are there to observe YOUR child - hopefully they won't feel attacked or monitored. Go and just watch at first to see how he is in the classroom and how the other kids treat him etc. You will need to attend more than one day. At first everyone will be on their best behavior because you are new and novel. After a few days the class will settle into their regular routine (teacher will still remember to be on his/her best behavior). It will give you a clear idea of who your son is when functioning in a group. A lot of kids are smart and do little to nothing in school. There are reasons. Maybe he thinks differently than others. It may require different motivation than what works on other kids. Again just a suggestion but if nothing else, you will start to understand the way your particular children think and how they see the world.
Also, I am going to second the info presented just above mine. It is good sound advice.