stuff

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Ack! Free, I'm just reading about your moldy bread feeding, yikes!
Glad you haven't had any more issues with it.

Can't wait to see the pictures of your hay feeders, they sound quite nice :)

I need to go pick up my hay, found 2nd cutting "weedy" square bales for 1.50 a bale. It is an hour away or so, but around here square bales are $4 a pop or more! :ep

~longing for a barn~

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
I just spend around $60 for 2 bales of alfalfa, 1 of orchard grass and one of pine shaving. The only hay that is less than $10 around here is bedding straw. I can get that for 5.99 :rolleyes:

My neighbors were also feeding wonder bread to our goats. I asked them nicely to please not feed it to them because it might get moldy. They answered: "oh we don't feed it to them moldy, and they seem to eat it all up, there isn't any laying on the groand." I told him, that I go and pick it up every day. I haven't seen any more bread in the goat pen. But then these are good neighbors.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
First design flaw discovered tonight when I found one of the hay bags buried in the straw, the tab used for hanging....or what remained of it....a chewed, soggy remnant. The dowel was nowhere to be found. Prototype B to be hung tomorrow morning.

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
Your team of quality control experts did their job very well. They love you for giving them such a nice bit of entertainment. :ya

Sound like you had a great idea really. It will just take some fine tuning.

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
:yuckyuck

Quality control experts! Yea, goats are that, aren't they?

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
OK, OK, clickety-click! Deleted and cleaned up! I do go to byh daily, too, so you can also pm me there.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
A greedy goat...and they are all greedy....will shove her face into that hole and pull out much more hay than she can handle, and will then drop most of it on the floor and pee on it. With impunity. Then complain about it.
ha!

debbie grabs a big handful, turns her head, shows all the hens what shes got, then flings it all around, and THEN eats it.

even the hens are like, "dont you know thats wasteful!?!"

sheesh!