Sufficient Self Forum - Let's have a heart-to-heart

Status
Not open for further replies.

okiegirl1

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I just want to say for the record there was a time I LOVED this site. It was my go to site for everything I needed. I learned so much. It gave me the courage to try new things, I now have chickens (the BYC was just too fast for me, although I did meet some great people at one of the BYC gatherings) I have friends that understand my SS thinking.

I would love if it returned to what it once was, but I just don't see that happening due to all the drama. I hate drama.

elevan

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
freemotion said:
Elevan, be careful about painting "everyone" with the same brush.
Not my intention at all.

elevan

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
The only way to get rid of the drama dragon is to stop feeding it. The pure fact that Nifty had to start a thread such as this shows that the drama dragon is being fed. I say starve that dragon.

kstaven

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
freemotion said:
Also for the record.....kstaven has been very helpful to me on byh and has given me a lot of good advice on dealing with things pertaining to milking and caring for my lactating does in an organic way. Stuff that gets slammed on the forum so we took the conversation into pm. I like him a lot and I hope the respect is mutual. I want to state that clearly. I can't publicly name those who were super inappropriate in pm's to me so I do want everyone to know that kstaven is, in my experience, one of the good ones.
Thanks free. It's only very recently I've come back to modding this forum after a very long absence. Not sure that was wise considering what I walked in to. :D

I maintain as I have said privately to quite a few that communication between mods and members needs to open up. And from what I gather from a few comments and what I see is that this forum has been ignored by the mods in many ways. That needs to change.

kstaven

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
okiegirl1 said:
I just want to say for the record there was a time I LOVED this site. It was my go to site for everything I needed. I learned so much. It gave me the courage to try new things, I now have chickens (the BYC was just too fast for me, although I did meet some great people at one of the BYC gatherings) I have friends that understand my SS thinking.

I would love if it returned to what it once was, but I just don't see that happening due to all the drama. I hate drama.
It can go back to what it was if members and staff can learn to work together. I used to mod this site early on and know what it was like.

okiegirl1

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
well, I'm done. I've said my peace. I hope there are some changes made so we can all be the happy family we once were.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
kstaven is a GUY? Learn something new everyday :lol: Ahem. Sorry. Carry on. :hide

kstaven

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
For two years on byc I had to put Mr. in front of moderator. Looks like I have to do it here too. Everyone always assumes mods on these forums are female.

Nifty

Super Self-Sufficient
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks for all those that posted helpful ideas and suggestions.

I unfortunately also saw a handful of posts that surprised me (and the others that reported them); public personal attacks, posting private information, etc. That's not cool or acceptable.

I'll close this while a few peeps cools down. For those of you that participated in a very helpful and friendly way. Thank You! For those that can't follow the rules, especially as they were so clearly posted in the beginning of this thread: this community may not be a good fit for you.

So, a rhetorical question: if you were a moderator of this forum, would you openly allow people to fight like this, stir drama, etc? If you had guests coming over for a party, would you allow name calling, shouting, etc? Some of you would... but I'm not a fan, and from what I know, most of our members wouldn't enjoy that environment either, which is why we have the rules we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.