Sufficient Self Journal Section

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
Bee has spoken for me eloquently. I have quietly departed many forums over the years when the rules of moderation encompassed religious intolerance.

John 19:40 says that if those who love the Lord are forbidden or rebuked for doing so, even the rocks will cry out in His praise. Speaking of Him and who He is in my life is who I am and what I do. If I am forbidden to be who I am, I do not belong. No drama. Just priorities.

I would very much appreciate knowing in a timely fashion if the moderator is intent on enforcing the "no discussion of religion" aspect of the rule introduced above.

Icu4dzs

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Ldychef2k I would very much appreciate knowing in a timely fashion if the moderator is intent on enforcing the "no discussion of religion" aspect of the rule introduced above.
Again, it appears that we have become confused between the acknowlegement of G*d and the concept of "religion". If one confuses spirituality and a firm belief in G*d (as we are apparently seeing increase in this country) the ability to discuss it becomes more difficulty. When I say "religion" I am referring to the "political party's" of what is commonly referred to as "denomination". No one here is suggesting that we not give thanks to G*d from whom all our blessings are derived. The issue remains the political differences related to "denomination". Many's the day I have been told that because I do NOT subscribe to the "denomination" of the individual speaking to me that my soul is condemned for eternity. Nothing could be more absurd but there are "denominations" that teach this principle.

In my original post, I mentioned the Masons. There is a clear difference between religion and a belief in G*d. All who wish to become a Mason MUST believe in G*d. We keep an open Bible on the altar when lodge is in session and we all, regardless of religious denomination recognize and respect Our Supreme Architect of the Universe.

There is a difference. Men who are Masons may be from any religious background but the specific religious denomination is avoided. Consider what happened with Martin Luther and the Reformation. Consider what happened with the "Church of England and Henry VIII" and the Pope. Or John Wesly. Those are exactly the issues that are best left out. Certainly it would be far from me to fail to show proper respect and deference to G*d. I just think the political issues are best avoided so no one fights.

There is little doubt that any of us who raise a garden and have a deep respect for all living things, would ever be so naive and ignorant as to deny the blessings afforded us by G*d. What I have recommended is staying away from the issues of difference that cause rancor and disharmony. Doing that is what leaves us free to enjoy it here.

Hope this clarifies what I have been recommending to the situation.
Best
Trim

Status
Not open for further replies.