Sufficient Self members with Poultry!

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
It’s so hard to not only move, but move and start over for animals with nothing there to start over with. I think you are doing super fantastic. Come spring, you will be off and running again!
Thank you Bay, It was very hard. I love our new place, no stairs to climb, 2 bathrooms, laundry in the house hahaha no one driving down / by the house on the dirt road 50 X's a day
and I did so love my flock, but I love my DH more and had to make that hard decision for him.

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I'm overrun with eggs. I give two doz to DD. I take one doz a week down to the older than us neighbors below us. I'm getting 10 a day. Small but good.

I could put a little sign out front of our new gate saying $4 a doz? Honor system? Ours is a street to the top of the hill where there are a few more homes. We don't yet have any homeless or crime up here. Yet....Plus the dogs bark at anyone going by on foot.

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I'm overrun with eggs. I give two doz to DD. I take one doz a week down to the older than us neighbors below us. I'm getting 10 a day. Small but good.

I could put a little sign out front of our new gate saying $4 a doz? Honor system? Ours is a street to the top of the hill where there are a few more homes. We don't yet have any homeless or crime up here. Yet....Plus the dogs bark at anyone going by on foot.
they are going for 6$ a doz here, I make pasta , bread, with the eggs, I am going to make egg salad for sandwiches

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
My red waterer cracked. Its the second one to crack on the bottom. It drips drips drips. Maybe I need to find a metal one. They are expensive!!

Oh, I stopped hanging it. It was inside the coop and the jostling to get to it made the water spill out. Someday we will ceramic tile the floor (it was here when we bought the place last year) cus its just acoustic ceiling tile right now.

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I
My red waterer cracked. Its the second one to crack on the bottom. It drips drips drips. Maybe I need to find a metal one. They are expensive!!

Oh, I stopped hanging it. It was inside the coop and the jostling to get to it made the water spill out. Someday we will ceramic tile the floor (it was here when we bought the place last year) cus its just acoustic ceiling tile right now.
had a metal one and got this one back in 2018, the rubber stopper/ copper thing stopped working and the water would just run out. In my old coop the flock would knock the red pan off the jug because they didn’t have enough room to jump off the roost. ,,

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I was thinking maybe I need to put this one outside the coop. Let it drip drip drip there...

We also have to run water down to the coop. Its hard to walk up and down the hill in the mud with the waterer.
Ya, it’s better than a wet inside of the coop,
And maybe if it will freeze over night don’t fill it all the way?? Not sure what’s best for ya

Latest posts