"Sufficient Self" site recommendations/feedback

Nifty

Super Self-Sufficient
Administrator
Reaction score
The wonderful thing about the internet is a lot of similar information presented in a lot of different ways from from different people in different parts of the word with different perspectives.

The thought is to have our great members work together to create content that is unique to them and their experiences in an organized manner.

kaycei

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Nifty said:
So, we've been tossing around an idea: To have contests or rewards for people that write good, relevant, quality articles for us to post on the sites.

So, what do y'all think?
I think you could have Dacjohns edit them all for grammar.

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
kaycei said:
Nifty said:
So, we've been tossing around an idea: To have contests or rewards for people that write good, relevant, quality articles for us to post on the sites.

So, what do y'all think?
I think you could have Dacjohns edit them all for grammar.
Don't you be volunteering me for anything. I'll start with your posts.

:lol:

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Then its settled....submit all articles to Dac for editing. Got it! :D

Just think, dac...it could save you from having to grimace and give a full body shudder when you read them later! ;)

While you are at it, could you encourage the use of paragraphs? Very exhausting reading whole and lengthy posts with no paragraphs. :p

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
Nifty said:
The wonderful thing about the internet is a lot of similar information presented in a lot of different ways from from different people in different parts of the word with different perspectives.

The thought is to have our great members work together to create content that is unique to them and their experiences in an organized manner.
And...........................?

Nifty

Super Self-Sufficient
Administrator
Reaction score
All in good time. As you can imagine, with Spring on us I'm pretty busy.

With that said, if those of you with good writing skills want to go ahead and start writing a few articles (for TEG or SS) that would be great!

I'm thinking we can do this a couple ways. For the BYC coop contests we give a single prize to a winner among many submissions. For coops we pretty much add any that are submitted. For articles to be posted on the main parts of TEG or SS we'll be a bit more picky about the quality... kinda like we're picky about the BYC Pic of the week.

Since so many members from TEG and SS are from BYC, my first thought is to give out free BYC Golden Feather Memberships (to use for oneself or give as a gift) for every 2-4 articles that are approved and posted on the sites.

What do you guys think?

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
Sounds good to me. Now I just have to get motivated and inspired.

Latest posts