Sufficient Self's Bible Study Group

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I have to share a praise! Dh and the OW are apart and he came over last Saturday to stay with us. We listened to rejoice music together for a while and there was one song he liked and listened to a couple of times! That Sunday he agreed to go to church with us, but absolutely refused Sunday School until we were about to walk out the door then at the last minute he decided he wanted to come after all! So for the first time in a year we were all in church together! Not just church, but sunday school and then church! We had homework from SS and when we got home he pulled out his bible and did his homework and listened to some more Christian music!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! God is surely moving mountains and working miracles!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The pastor was almost in tears since he knew the whole situation when we all walked in together! Dh still isn't ready to come home, but God is going to take care of it all in His time! Satan is still working hard, but my God is greater!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
rebecca100 said:
I have to share a praise! Dh and the OW are apart and he came over last Saturday to stay with us. We listened to rejoice music together for a while and there was one song he liked and listened to a couple of times! That Sunday he agreed to go to church with us, but absolutely refused Sunday School until we were about to walk out the door then at the last minute he decided he wanted to come after all! So for the first time in a year we were all in church together! Not just church, but sunday school and then church! We had homework from SS and when we got home he pulled out his bible and did his homework and listened to some more Christian music!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! God is surely moving mountains and working miracles!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The pastor was almost in tears since he knew the whole situation when we all walked in together! Dh still isn't ready to come home, but God is going to take care of it all in His time! Satan is still working hard, but my God is greater!
Amen sister! That is tremendously incredibly AWESOME!!! :woot I am so happy for you, and the baby steps being taken to keep your family together. Now, stop makin me cry! DH is looking at me funny :p

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
rebecca100 said:
Awesome!!!! Our God can move mountains. :)

bambi

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Rebecca, wonderful news and Prasie to our Lord!!!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
So glad to hear! I hope this is just the beginning of the end. :hugs

ScottSD

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
I've just got to tell you a story that happened Friday night at the local football game and was later announced on the radio as a story session that a local preacher does each day.

Our county was playing their lifelong rivals, third quarter and our team was getting their patooties kicked all over the field....we were losing, in other words. We had the ball on the 5 yard line and during the play one of their team got hurt.

Our bleachers were silent, no one spoke as everyone waited. Then the trainers signaled the ambulance to come on the field as this young boy writhed in pain and both sets of fans were still silent and waiting. No cheers or announcements, no signs of disrespect from our team as one of the rival's best players was driven off the field.

Then, both teams moved towards the Wildcat emblem at the middle of the field for a giant huddle....and prayed together for the fallen team member.

These are not Christian/private schools but public, small town high schools that apparently still remember what prayer is for and doesn't mind showing this to the world. The boy was released from the hospital later on that evening and is doing fine, by all reports.

Ah, the power of prayer and the power of an astounding God working in a small town. Gotta love it! :love
Awesome story!

Thanks!

BeccaOH

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I'm so happy to hear that, Rebecca. Still praying for your family.

Wonderful, hope-filled story, Bee.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
ScottSD said:
Beekissed said:
I've just got to tell you a story that happened Friday night at the local football game and was later announced on the radio as a story session that a local preacher does each day.

Our county was playing their lifelong rivals, third quarter and our team was getting their patooties kicked all over the field....we were losing, in other words. We had the ball on the 5 yard line and during the play one of their team got hurt.

Our bleachers were silent, no one spoke as everyone waited. Then the trainers signaled the ambulance to come on the field as this young boy writhed in pain and both sets of fans were still silent and waiting. No cheers or announcements, no signs of disrespect from our team as one of the rival's best players was driven off the field.

Then, both teams moved towards the Wildcat emblem at the middle of the field for a giant huddle....and prayed together for the fallen team member.

These are not Christian/private schools but public, small town high schools that apparently still remember what prayer is for and doesn't mind showing this to the world. The boy was released from the hospital later on that evening and is doing fine, by all reports.

Ah, the power of prayer and the power of an astounding God working in a small town. Gotta love it! :love
Awesome story!

Thanks!
:woot That is sweet!