Sufficient Self's Bible Study Group

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I agree....I do it because I spent too many years doing it and it now has become habit. I'm currently trying hard to break that habit! Every little step towards faith leads us on to victory over our human nature.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
My BIL's sister passed away this afternoon (at home surrounded by family) from colon cancer was that misdiagnosed/detected too late to be treated. She is now with her 10 year daughter that they lost 5 years ago from complications from surgery trying to mitigate a serious birth defect. All through the daughter's issues, she was positive, upbeat, and a good solid Christian woman. She leaves behind a husband, two other children, and a grieving family (including a mom with dementia that keeps asking when she is coming home from college).

I'm not asking for prayers, I'm asking you look your loved ones in the eyes, tell them that you love them, and give them a big hug from Colleen. If you are separated by distance, pick up the phone and call them just to say "hi, I love you". thanks.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
That is excellent advice! Sorry for your loss.. but am rejoicing for Colleen's arrival to her eternal home and her new body. :hugs

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
FarmerJamie said:
My BIL's sister passed away this afternoon (at home surrounded by family) from colon cancer was that misdiagnosed/detected too late to be treated. She is now with her 10 year daughter that they lost 5 years ago from complications from surgery trying to mitigate a serious birth defect. All through the daughter's issues, she was positive, upbeat, and a good solid Christian woman. She leaves behind a husband, two other children, and a grieving family (including a mom with dementia that keeps asking when she is coming home from college).

I'm not asking for prayers, I'm asking you look your loved ones in the eyes, tell them that you love them, and give them a big hug from Colleen. If you are separated by distance, pick up the phone and call them just to say "hi, I love you". thanks.
very sorry for your loss
that is a very hard time for the family I am sure....prayers go out for their family

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I have a praise tonight! We admitted a man today who had suffered for some time with cancer. He had just returned from the hospital today and died later this evening. I'd never met the man or his family but was on call, so went out to the house to pronounce his death.

This house was beautiful and so was the family....all 30-40 people in the home!!! I've never seen such a gathering of family at a bedside. They were mostly quiet and some were tearful when I arrived, but one after another stated the man had been sure of where he was going and was ready to go. He must have been and his family all around him~and his relationship with God~ must have been the way to peace and had given him blessings to go on home, because he died peacefully and in no pain or distress.

The most amazing part that made my heart swell with love in all directions? This family sat at bedside while waiting an hour for the funeral home to arrive and sang song after song of praise and worship together. I've never seen a family so full of love for God and for their dad/husband/brother. I joined in the singing and cried along with the rest as I sang...but not in sorrow. I cried for love of the Father, for fellowship with this Christian family, for joy that one soul had went to be with the Savior and had apparently influenced many more souls in his family towards a life for Christ.

Victory in Jesus, my friends! I can just imagine the holy angel chorus welcoming home this man and loved ones running with open arms! As I left the home, after sending my patient along with the funeral director, they were singing Lord, I'm Coming Home.....I'm still crying over it. :love

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I offer a word of praise to my Lord for answer to prayers coming in each and every day....and that Eli got to go hunting yesterday for the first time in two years and got a doe immediately. That boy is sure lethal with that bow! :D Good clean shot behind the shoulders, young and tender doe, fell about thirty yards from where he shot her. Yay!!! Tenderloin!!!!! :drool