Sufficient Self's Bible Study Group

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
I just compared a modern version I have on my kindle with the King James version. They were surprisingly different! But the meaning was the same.

Why don't we not worry about which version and if it becomes pertinent to the discussion, we can look at which version says which. That might be an interesting viewpoint. I find the idea that different people have translated the Good Book a very pertinent topic.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
savingdogs said:
I just compared a modern version I have on my kindle with the King James version. They were surprisingly different! But the meaning was the same.

Why don't we not worry about which version and if it becomes pertinent to the discussion, we can look at which version says which. That might be an interesting viewpoint. I find the idea that different people have translated the Good Book a very pertinent topic.
Thats a great idea!!

Woodland Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
BarredBuff - Why don't you start with a verse and/or maybe a question and then maybe we can comment on it?

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Okay, I just read Luke 2:1-14 KJV and it does not mention 3 wisemen. Where did they come into play?

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Nevermind they are mentioned in Matthew Chapter 2.

Damummis

Microfarmer
Reaction score
Notice in Matt 2:11 it says they(Magi/astrologers) found Mary and the young child in their house.

My question is, How old was Jesus at this point? They are living in a house. They are not in the manger of his birth. Jesus is also called a young child not a baby.

Woodland Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
The Magi from the east, also known as the three wise men, were not present at the time of Jesus's Birth. They arrived approximately 2 years later finding the location by following the star. They brought gifts which I believe helped finance their journey to Egypt Where they went to hide from Herod.

Woodland Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Think about this. Why do you think God chose the place and circumstances he did for the Birth of Jesus?

Latest posts