Sufficient Self's Bible Study Group

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
The Magi from the east, also known as the three wise men,
It doesn't mention the NUMBER of wisemen. Only that there were MAGI...plural. There could have been 2 or 50.

Woodland Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
True Wifezilla. The reason I mention 3 was because of tradition and the mention of 3 different gifts.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Woodland Woman said:
Think about this. Why do you think God chose the place and circumstances he did for the Birth of Jesus?
Jesus came as the Lamb of God and also as the Good Shepherd, so in a way, it's appropriate that He was born in a barn.

If he had been born in a palace, it would have meant that He came to rule then, He didn't. He will not rule until the future.

Jesus came to be the savior of all mankind, not just the rich and powerful. Anyone that wanted to could have come to the barn and seen Him. But, if He had been born into a richer home, not everyone could have come. They would have been stopped by servants, guards, or whatever. There was nothing to bar the way to Him then, and there still isn't.

Woodland Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I find it interesting that an angel of the Lord appeared to the nearby shepherds to announce the birth of the Christ.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Notice in Matt 2:11 it says they(Magi/astrologers) found Mary and the young child in their house.

My question is, How old was Jesus at this point? They are living in a house. They are not in the manger of his birth. Jesus is also called a young child not a baby.
Tradition is very different from what God's Word says. I find this very interesting.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Woodland Woman said:
I find it interesting that an angel of the Lord appeared to the nearby shepherds to announce the birth of the Christ.
Kind of to show that Jesus was given to all of us by God, not just an elite, privileged few. : )

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Sign me up, I'll come in when I can!!! I personally think it is very interesting to see what different versions say, and I often use this website to compare scripture. http://www.biblegateway.com/. My favourite version though, is the NLT. I often check the KJV though.

AL

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I love this idea BBuff! I look forward to chiming in when I have a little more time! But I'll keep reading......

Latest posts