Sufficient Self's Bible Study Group

Icu4dzs

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
HeronsNestFarm said:
Phil 2:1 "Therefore if you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any common sharing in the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, 2 then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and of one mind. 3 Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, 4 not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others."

I think that a part of the SS movement is rooted in a desire to be united with God through honest work and connectedness to his blessings. There is also a desire to connect with the SS community to remain in fellowship corporately.

The other side of SS is that we see what we are aspiring to as NOT selfish. For me, I think living off hte land helps keep me humble and by being a good steward I honor my fellow man. There is a danger however, when we become radical in our beliefs that we can become haughty. This scripture reminds me that no matter what I do in the name of a better world/life it must ultimately come from a place of Holy fear and awe, lest it become an idol.

I want my actions to reflect the heart of God and the unity he loves.

I may be reaching here, but I love this scripture!
I don't know you yet, but I do like your approach and style with this post. We do think very much alike in this setting.
Trim sends
1808_images.jpeg

//bt//

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I had the most amazing hug from God this morning(long story!) during my morning worship! Left me feeling so humbled, so loved, so warm....I can't even describe how miraculous it feels to know that He thinks of me, knows me, plans for me and loves me so intently. I am not worthy but He loves me still! Can you imagine anything so amazing on this Earth? :bow :bow :bow :love

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Thats awesome Bee! We didnt have church this morning....

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I can't go to a church right now(son is using my truck as his car met with an accident) so I just download my pastor's sermons from the week before and listen to them, then I listen and sing along with the gospel music on Pandora. I just have my own little worship service right in front of my computer....can't imagine a better use of it! :D

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
I can't go to a church right now(son is using my truck as his car met with an accident) so I just download my pastor's sermons from the week before and listen to them, then I listen and sing along with the gospel music on Pandora. I just have my own little worship service right in front of my computer....can't imagine a better use of it! :D
oooo That sounds neat!!!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Although I feel we should worship together whenever and wherever we possibly can because God wishes us to do so, I really also enjoy my little private worship with just me and God. I can't really describe how it feels to worship and sing praise for just only God's ears but it feels tremendous....I can open up my throat and praise without worrying how I might sound to the person next to me or if I'm too loud or off pitch or anything that prevents us from singing out in church. I LOVE it! :love

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
Although I feel we should worship together whenever and wherever we possibly can because God wishes us to do so, I really also enjoy my little private worship with just me and God. I can't really describe how it feels to worship and sing praise for just only God's ears but it feels tremendous....I can open up my throat and praise without worrying how I might sound to the person next to me or if I'm too loud or off pitch or anything that prevents us from singing out in church. I LOVE it! :love
I hear you there Bee! :thumbsup:duc

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Hey, M!!! Good morning! :D How's things?

I'm listening to "I Know Who Holds Tomorrow" by Alison Krauss on Pandora radio right now....that song title pretty much sums up how I feel about the future and any fears or expectations of the same.

Love that song and Alison's voice, can't get enough of listening!

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I use the time the kids are with their dad for my "alone with God" time when I turn on live 365 or the local christian music station-AFR and read the bible and praise him! It does feel great but I'm glad it's on a different day because I do love going to church too! Lol. What Pandora station do you listen to? A preset or one you made yourself?

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I just found this Pandora this morning as I was looking for gospel music for my worship time and I don't yet know how to use it. Right now I'm listening to a particular station that has a mix of folks like Alison Krauss, James Taylor, Norah Jones, Sarah McLaghlan(SP?), Nickel Creek, etc.

I LOVE this genre/station!!! I could listen to it all day...it seems to be a mix of folk/blue grass music.

This morning for church I got to listen to Ann Murray, Elvis, Alan Jackson, Alabama and Andy Griffin...how about THAT lineup? :p Different... but just the right gospel songs I was wanting to hear. I only wish I could create a list of songs/artists that I want to listen to so that I can pull it up again when I want it and add to it...I'm sure there is a feature for it but I haven't explored all the options yet.