Sufficient Self's Bible Study Group

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Yeah there is. You can create your own stations using certain songs/artists. It won't just play those songs/artists though. It will play similar songs/artists too. It really is good, but honestly I like Live 365 better. It's actual radio stations online.

Old Sew'n'Sew

All Strings Considered
Reaction score
Hi,
It's Sunday so I thought I would stop by again, and as usual I'm most likely gonna change the subject ( pers ta me it needs a changin':D, all the stuff about occult :hide) Since most agreed that Cain likely married one of Adam and Eve's daughters, or in other words his sister. No prohibitions on that because man was closer to perfection at that time, it took centuries and the climate change of the Noachin Flood for mankind to start serious degeneration. That was a classic one for sure, but did it encourage you to look it up just to make sure? It was a good discussion (I read it all) anyways.:)

Which brings me to the next puzzler. Genesis 2:17 "But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die."
compare with : Genesis 5:5 "And all the days that Ad'-am lived were nine hundred and thirty years: and he died."

These seem to contradict, why didn't they drop dead before sundown on the day that they sinned? There are two passages in the Bible that will make these two above make perfect sense. Since this is an oldie too and pretty easy, to make it more fun cite one of the two scriptures in your answer.

Just a thought about the Garden of Eden while I was there visiting, via the book of Genesis :D, it occurred to me that the earth must have been so pristine at that time with crystal like air and water and gigantic fruit....sigh. If only they would have picked the Tree of Life instead.

Keep your eyes on the prize. I'll read ya later. :caf

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
For Yet death reigned from Adam until Moses even over those who did not sin in the same way that Adam transgressed. -Romans 5:14
He died spiritually- in sin! In that was we are all dead in sin who are not in Christ. Believe it or not there was a time I wondered why he didn't fall over dead! Lol

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
I have an explanation as well.

But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day
I agree full heartedly with Rebeccas explanation, but I think this one sheds some light as well :)

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Yesterday I went to SIL's baptism! There was even a person saved there who joined the church and got baptized too! One of the members daughters! There were 5 baptized. Sil and I rode there together and on the way back we talked about being saved and how God works in our lives. It was a really good conversation. It just amazes me on how things that Satan meant for bad have been turned to good. After DH left she and bil came to stay in my camper which wouldn't have happened if dh had been here. I prayed for them so much for God to touch their lives. Some of y'all will remember I actually posted a prayer request for them. Well she eventually went to church with me and God touched her heart in a mighty way! Now if He'll just answer my prayer for marriage restoration.... Lol
For those of you who don't know I'd always called myself a Christian but I wasn't living the life. After dh left God called me and I cried out to Him that I needed him because I couldn't do it on my own. That day before I found my new church I had gone to church. It was a Sunday. I drug all 3 kids to the alter and crying I had prayed for help. No one offered a hug or a tissue or even asked what was wrong. I felt abandoned by God and everyone. That night was when I called out to Him in tears that I couldn't do it alone. The NEXT day while going to get tax papers I didn't even need He brought me to a new church that had just moved into the tax building a couple of months before. I didn't give my life to God officially just yet. That happened 2 days later when I went back. Not long after both my oldest were saved and we were all baptized on the same day. And now SIL. I knew I was in the right place-right where God had placed me. We had been going to a big church with all kinds of youth groups and such and every Sunday the kids begged NOT to go. One Sunday at the new church my middle daughter told me as we were pulling out of the driveway "Mom, I wish we didn't have to leave yet"! Wow!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Thank you for that testimony! Praise God, Rebecca! :hugs It always thrills me to hear of someone coming to salvation and I never get tired of hearing about it! I used to hear the news of a new Christian and it went through one ear and out the other but it has a whole different meaning to me now and I rejoice each time. :weee

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
rebecca100 said:
Yesterday I went to SIL's baptism! There was even a person saved there who joined the church and got baptized too! One of the members daughters! There were 5 baptized. Sil and I rode there together and on the way back we talked about being saved and how God works in our lives. It was a really good conversation. It just amazes me on how things that Satan meant for bad have been turned to good. After DH left she and bil came to stay in my camper which wouldn't have happened if dh had been here. I prayed for them so much for God to touch their lives. Some of y'all will remember I actually posted a prayer request for them. Well she eventually went to church with me and God touched her heart in a mighty way! Now if He'll just answer my prayer for marriage restoration.... Lol
For those of you who don't know I'd always called myself a Christian but I wasn't living the life. After dh left God called me and I cried out to Him that I needed him because I couldn't do it on my own. That day before I found my new church I had gone to church. It was a Sunday. I drug all 3 kids to the alter and crying I had prayed for help. No one offered a hug or a tissue or even asked what was wrong. I felt abandoned by God and everyone. That night was when I called out to Him in tears that I couldn't do it alone. The NEXT day while going to get tax papers I didn't even need He brought me to a new church that had just moved into the tax building a couple of months before. I didn't give my life to God officially just yet. That happened 2 days later when I went back. Not long after both my oldest were saved and we were all baptized on the same day. And now SIL. I knew I was in the right place-right where God had placed me. We had been going to a big church with all kinds of youth groups and such and every Sunday the kids begged NOT to go. One Sunday at the new church my middle daughter told me as we were pulling out of the driveway "Mom, I wish we didn't have to leave yet"! Wow!
It amazes me how God truly can have his hand in the life of those who fully give themselves over to him! So many blessing you have been given in such a short time! WOW! I am so happy to hear that you are truly living under his wings now, and may he continue to show youand your children his marvelous plan! Thanks so much for sharing all this Rebecca!

Old Sew'n'Sew

All Strings Considered
Reaction score
BB says:
I have an explanation as well.

But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day

I agree full heartedly with Rebeccas explanation, but I think this one sheds some light as well
He knows his Bible, Congratulations, you correctly cited 2Peter 3:8 and the other one is Psalms 90:4 "For a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night."

So if Adam had not sinned then he never would have died, and we as God's earthly children would have been born in the expanded worldwide Garden of Eden. (God would have allowed them, and all their offspring to eat from the tree of life if they had passed the test of the Tree of Knowlege of good and bad, a test of obedience. Genesis 3:24 "So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of E'-den Cher'-u-bims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.")

Imagine that flaming sword and those Cherubims (a race of Angels) stood there for 1,656 of our years, about one and a half day for God. On a dark night Adam's family could probably see them for miles.

Stay tuned for the next facinating visit to the Garden of Eden/ book of Genesis. Take care.:)

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Im reading through Genesis now, its a fascinating book. :D