Sufficient Self's Bible Study Group

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
That was cute! Never thought of a Yorkie as being bad to the bone B4. :lol:

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I really really really need some prayer right now. I think it's perimenopause...I can't think, am foggy, dizzy (anxiety) and bursting into tears for no reason at all. Just woke up last week off kilter and haven't been the same since. I know my periods have gone from right like a clock to late and unpredictable the last to months. I have had physical symptoms the last to years or so, night sweats, tenderness, etc...but these mental symptoms are very hard to deal with and very embarrassing! I burst into tears twice today at work and then decided to leave early when I felt the next wave of tears rising...In between tears I feel like a mouse caught in a cage with a rabbit. How long does this last?

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
MorelCabin said:
I really really really need some prayer right now. I think it's perimenopause...I can't think, am foggy, dizzy (anxiety) and bursting into tears for no reason at all. Just woke up last week off kilter and haven't been the same since. I know my periods have gone from right like a clock to late and unpredictable the last to months. I have had physical symptoms the last to years or so, night sweats, tenderness, etc...but these mental symptoms are very hard to deal with and very embarrassing! I burst into tears twice today at work and then decided to leave early when I felt the next wave of tears rising...In between tears I feel like a mouse caught in a cage with a rabbit. How long does this last?
That varies and it also can be gone for awhile and resurface later. Do you have anything against taking a mild antidepressant meds for these times? My aunt was going through the same thing and she had Ativan at home she could take if necessary but it hadn't occurred to her to maybe get something a little more...regular...until she got over this hump. She did and it worked great and she is glad now that she took that step.

I know some docs will recommend hormone replacement meds for this time in a woman's life but they now are finding that these can have some long-term and serious side effects that they hadn't known.

I'll pray! :)

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Thanks so much for the prayers! I have ativan here too, have had it for five years sitting in my drawer...lol...needed it at one point a few years back and found it did the trick within a few days I was able to function on my own again. They work well, I took one earlier today after I got home from work...the dizziness and everything goes away within a half hour and I feel normal except a little tired. I hate the idea of a doctors visit and avoid them at all costs:) The hormone replacement I am very wary of too