Sufficient Self's Bible Study Group

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
This all happened for a purpose, a reason...in every hard lesson in life there is something God is trying to teach us, to help us grow in faith. I know it hurts right now but look around for the lesson in it~it's there. I'm sorry, BB, that your calf died but I know the reason was for something good in your life.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
This all happened for a purpose, a reason...in every hard lesson in life there is something God is trying to teach us, to help us grow in faith. I know it hurts right now but look around for the lesson in it~it's there. I'm sorry, BB, that your calf died but I know the reason was for something good in your life.
I'd like to know what it is.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
BarredBuff said:
Beekissed said:
I'd like to know what it is.
BB I am so sorry to hear this. Bee is right though, keep the faith, stand strong and just believe that God has a better plan...then sit back and watch it unfold.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
I have finally come around to the idea that it was best. God forgive me, I'm ignorant. For all we know she could have had reproductive problems and wouldn't have had a calf, and then there we'd be in a few years. So let's pray that this next calf will be his will. :)

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
BarredBuff said:
I have finally come around to the idea that it was best. God forgive me, I'm ignorant. For all we know she could have had reproductive problems and wouldn't have had a calf, and then there we'd be in a few years. So let's pray that this next calf will be his will. :)
:thumbsup

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
It's easy to have faith when things are going well...God sometimes tests our faith by allowing nature to take it's course and seeing how well we have faith and still trust and depend on him when things are rough. Look at poor Job...lost his children, his livestock, his health, etc. One thing to remember also...

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28

The enboldened area is the one to pay attention to in this verse....in all things in our lives, particularly for those who love the Lord, we are here for His purpose. The things we want in life, the plans we have, the dreams we dream? We can and will have them if they work to God's plan and purpose.

When they don't transpire, it doesn't mean that God doesn't care about our hopes and plans, it merely means that His thoughts are higher than ours, He sees what we do not see, and He has plans for our lives that may not coincide with our small and~comparatively~ insignificant plans. In all things His thoughts and intentions for us are good and are not to harm us.

For I know the plans I have for you," says the LORD. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11

I know you will feel better and have your faith restored when you see just how neatly God works out things for your life, BB. It's natural to question God's actions and even get angry...many of God's favorite people in the Bible felt betrayed, felt abandoned, felt alone and felt angry at God for events that happened in their lives. Even Jesus cried, "My God, My God, why hast thou forsaken me?"

It'll all make sense by and by...for all of us! :hugs

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
That was awesome Bee, just what I needed today...I have been so down...and trying to get back up...Adivan has been my best freind the last week. Terrified of my own shadow and everything else these days... But by the Grace of God I WILL get back up! And will keep trying until I do! Thanks for that Bee!