Sufficient Self's Bible Study Group

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Can I tell you all something? God has been putting something in my mind and it has settled in my heart as something that I need to work upon. I think He wants me to have the courage to witness to my family(who have always disliked me anyway)about Christ...and not just my family but to others as well. I can talk about the Lord but I don't believe I've ever told someone how to accept Christ as their Savior.

But I'm a coward. There...I said it. Me, who prides herself(now there's a real sign of something wrong..pride)on being tough and not scared of much of anything is too scared to witness to her own family and friends. I can talk to strangers better than I can talk to my family, so it seems harder. I've been making all kinds of excuses to God in my mind as to why this won't work, why they won't listen, why I shouldn't, why I can't.

Then God puts a certain sermon in my ear by a pastor, then I happen to read a certain book that hits that nail again, then in my daily devotion I'm looking for a new place to start reading and I just open to the book of Jeremiah, then someone(not a Christian)sends this to me in an email........do ya think God is tryin' to tell me somethin'?????? :th :he :old :bow :bow :bow :hide

So...today I put my toe in the water and tried to open a door to this subject with a close family member and I got the reaction that I thought I would get...anger and subsequent avoidance.

The hardest people to witness to are those who profess belief in God but are the ones that you kinda get the feeling that maybe they haven't really taken that next step but you don't want to offend them by asking or even implying but you just get a feeling, from watching their lives and behavior, that they maybe don't have that certainty of a life with the Holy Spirit and Jesus indwelling their hearts but you hate to ask because they will get mad and state emphatically they DO or they get mad that you even thought they weren't actually saved and how dare you, you judgemental idiot? And the only reason you want to ask is because you fear that you will have lived with these people all your lives and had a feeling about this subject and about them and you never had the cahones to act upon it and they could perish because you didn't.....

After watching this man and his courage and his complete conviction and devotion to the Lord, I feel so cowardly and ashamed. And I also feel encouraged and uplifted by his testimony and his example....and I feel like I should learn from him, that I was supposed to get this video.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Y'all, I could really use some prayers. I'm finding more and more that I DON'T want to go out to the farm. And it's not that I want to get rid of my horses and chickens. It's that I don't want to have to deal w/the drama that has been increasing. I KNOW the Bible tells me to be content in whatever state I'm in. And, that in everything I should give thanks.

But, it's getting harder and harder. I want my own farm. I want to be able to walk out of my house in the morning and feed my horses, then go back in and do stuff. But, there is just no way-unless God provides a big miracle that I can get my own farm. So, if y'all could pray for me, it would be appreciated. Thanks.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
You are so right Bee, there is a big difference between talking about Christ with others and sharing what he has done in your life, and actually witnessing salvation to them. I never really thought about it that way before. And family and freinds are much harder than strangers. You can walk away from a stranger without feeling too hurt...but to be hurt by family and friends is a whole different ballgame! BUT the Lord does have a plan, and if he is telling you to witness then you had better just do it and worry about the consequences later...after all, we are never afraid to piss off our families in any other way are we? Sometimes we wait for a time to pounce :D And we don't worry much about their reactions to us then, do we?
That video just told me that I have to crawl out of this sudden depression or whatever it is that has come over me this past week!

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
Y'all, I could really use some prayers. I'm finding more and more that I DON'T want to go out to the farm. And it's not that I want to get rid of my horses and chickens. It's that I don't want to have to deal w/the drama that has been increasing. I KNOW the Bible tells me to be content in whatever state I'm in. And, that in everything I should give thanks.

But, it's getting harder and harder. I want my own farm. I want to be able to walk out of my house in the morning and feed my horses, then go back in and do stuff. But, there is just no way-unless God provides a big miracle that I can get my own farm. So, if y'all could pray for me, it would be appreciated. Thanks.
And we very well should be content in any state we're in, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't try for better anyway. Having goals doesn't mean discontentment, it simply means moving forward. It's like I can be content with the car I drive that breaks down at every turn, but it doesn't mean I don't need a new dependable one...and my goal might be to get one. Know what I'm saying? Would your husband be with you on moving? Buying a farm? if something were to come up? Will keep you in my prayers Deb

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
MorelCabin said:
Denim Deb said:

And we very well should be content in any state we're in, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't try for better anyway. Having goals doesn't mean discontentment, it simply means moving forward. It's like I can be content with the car I drive that breaks down at every turn, but it doesn't mean I don't need a new dependable one...and my goal might be to get one. Know what I'm saying? Would your husband be with you on moving? Buying a farm? if something were to come up? Will keep you in my prayers Deb
He'd be w/me, the problem is we can't afford it.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
MorelCabin said:
Denim Deb said:

He'd be w/me, the problem is we can't afford it.
Then start asking God if He'd be willing to help you find a way:) Like someone who needs a hand and has an extra house on thier property...or someone who has a farm but lives overseas...there is ALWAYS a way, and if it is in His will to give it to you then it will happen. My cousins are missionaries, ith no income...have no idea ho they do it but they do... they have lived as 'housesitters' many times through the years in very nice places...including farms.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
I have a few questions to ask, that I'd like a few opinions on. Lets not make this a flame fest, but an intelligent argument :D

1. What do you all think about overpopulation?

2. What do you all think about children per family or perhaps none at all? (Eluding to the Duggars)

3. What about Global Warming (I just want this personally for a speech I am preparing for a contest)? :)

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
BarredBuff said:
I have a few questions to ask, that I'd like a few opinions on. Lets not make this a flame fest, but an intelligent argument :D

2. What do you all think about children per family or perhaps none at all? (Eluding to the Duggars)

3. What about Global Warming (I just want this personally for a speech I am preparing for a contest)? :)
Are you looking for secular answers or one from individual's Biblical perspectives? Maybe put this in a different thread?

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
FarmerJamie said:
BarredBuff said:

Are you looking for secular answers or one from individual's Biblical perspectives? Maybe put this in a different thread?
Biblical Perspective. :D