Sufficient Self's Bible Study Group

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Okay two things to tell.

Tonight we went over to the Catholic Church for my friend's dads visitation, and I think that I may have made him feel better. Please continue to pray for him and his family? They need it, he does especially he really looked up to his dad.

NOW THE FUNNY STORY!

When we were coming home tonight, we went by our church and Mom saw this book in the road. For some divine reason, she was compelled to stop. She picked it up and it belonged to this lady I hadn't heard of. But the Bible had the same Sunday School book, and a few other papers and things. So Mom called this lady at church to find out if it belonged to anyone from Evening Service, and it was hers! It was her Grandmothers, and she had left it on her car and forgot about it. Then it flew off.

GOD WORKS IN MYSTERIOUS WAYS

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
And how! I went riding this afternoon. We get back to the trailer, get all unsaddled and I realize I don't have my cell phone! I'm checking to see if it's in my truck while KN is calling it. It wasn't there. But then I heard it ringing very faintly, so I started to look for it. I found it not far from my truck in the dirt road. And, just after I went over and picked it up, someone drove down the road. If I had been just a few seconds later, it would have been run over. Believe me, I thanked God for that!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Just found out from my Mom that my Aunt Helen is not doing good. She's been battling brain cancer now for a couple of years. And, they've recently found more tumors. So, she's undergoing more chemo. But, she may not make it.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Praying for her, DD.

We should also pray for those in the path of Hurricane Sandy.

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I'm climbing out of my skin today.
My dad fell and broke his pelvis. He can't be fixed locally, so he was sent to New Orleans. He is 73 years old. He was already a mess, physically...he shook a lot(not parkinson, but acts like it), plus he had been in an accident and suffered a lot of spinal damage. He had been falling every once n a while, but this time he broke something.
I feel trapped. I'm thinking about so many things, at one time.