Sufficient Self's Bible Study Group

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Rhoda, I'm so sorry for your dad's accident. My own dad is 84 and it's so sad to see him going down that slippery slope...:( But, he's a proud man and won't give up! I'll be sending extra prayers up for your dad tonight. I hope he has a speedy recovery!

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thanks to all. I will tell my Momma that my wild back to basics friends are praying.....she ought to get a kick outta that. I went to Mass at 6pm to get hold of my self. I was due to start working, but I'm taking a sick day. I feel better now, but Dad has a long hard road ahead. First off, he won't have surgery until tomorrow at the earliest and he is going to have traction before surgery. Somehow his left knee will be pulling on his hip. Things have to line up properly and then he will have surgery.
We were already trying to assume a lot of his chores. Well, we will have to figure what to do with a citrus crop, which has to be harvested.......NOW. I'll worry about that tomorrow. Something good will happen. As for Daddy.....I guess we will see, moment by moment, what is happening.
Daddy is proud and tries to be independent. He tackles projects that he really can't do alone. His mind works and he knows how he wants things done and can give the orders and do simple things, like holding things in place and moving things around, but he can't move fast or keep steady.
Thanx again. I will ask our Lord to take care of all my SS friends.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
I need some prayers for two friends. God's will be done.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Praise Report! One of my friends, she had a massive heart attack and went into a coma on Monday. They had given her up, and was supposed to remove her from life support. However, she has rebounded and her organs are working properly again, and she is breathing properly now. Please continue prayers for her! :bow

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
WOW that is wonderful.

how old is this friend. massive heart attack is scary. so glad to hear that report!!!

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
It was great, and I am unsure how old she is. (I'm thinking maybe 70'ish)

Today they moved her to hospice, and from what I heard she has no brain activity. But that makes no sense if she is off the vent and life support. God's will be done.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
oh that sounds rough tho. could be alot of complications. maybe a stroke also or something.

All anyone can do is hope for the best and pray!

bornthrifty

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I'm afraid, I look at how things are lining up in this world, in this country, and i am afraid