Sufficient Self's Bible Study Group

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Praying for relief for you Deb. May be a silly question - but would some of those soft foam type ear plugs help or hurt?

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
When my ears are like this, they'd hurt. What it would do would be to close the sound in, if that makes any sense. Right now, I can't even go to sleep because of how it feels. :(

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Thanks, guys. It wasn't nearly as bad today. At least I could function w/out the constant pain, but it is starting to hurt some now. I just hope it doesn't get as bad as it was last night.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I have a couple urgent prayer requests, and for those on my FB please refrain from posting ANY details there for the sake of others who are affected by this devastation. My pastors mother killed herself tonight. He was on vacation with his family when he got the call, and is returning home, if not already back. He lost a 19 year old niece 2 years ago due to a underlying health issue they weren't aware of, so please pray especially for his sister who is still dealing with that loss as well as the loss of her mother tonight. His vacation was unscheduled, they went away for family time, due to a change in his job that will require him to have 2 additional hours driving time daily. I have no idea how this new circumstance will afeect his job, but this is an incredibly stressful time for them. So please, pray.

The other request, is for a guy from the shelter, who we go to know well. He has been diagnosed last week with pancreatic cancer that has spread to his lungs, kidneys, and abdomen. They are giving him less than 2 weeks to live. I will be making a trip to the hospital to see him as soon as possible, and it may be the last time I get to visit my friend. :( So please pray for all of us, for his young daughter (20), and for all of his family and friends, and for healing if it is God's will for him.

Thanks ya'll.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Oh Cindi, that's so hard to deal with. I'll be praying for all of them. :hugs

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. We really appreciate it! Pastors mom will have a memorial service Wednesday, he will be speaking. The family is refusing phone calls right now. It is so very sad. :( I know he is really having a tough time right now. I can't imagine.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
A friend of mine at school lost his Dad. Would you all pray for him and his family?