Sufficient Self's Bible Study Group

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
BB, you must be reading my mind. I was just discussing this exact verse today. I understand the sadness and puzzled feeling you are feeling and I know that during these times we can expect things like this to happen, but it doesn't make it any easier to bear.

I have been praying every day for just such things and the people in my life. I pray for their eyes to be opened and their hearts to be softened into understanding of God's will for their lives.

Will pray for everyone this night.
grouphugg.gif

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
"A wall of fire about me, I have nothing now to fear, with his manna he my hungry soul he shall fill"

That is from the Lily of the Valley, one of my favorite hymns along with many others like Heaven's Jubilee.

Tonight, I start Exodus. After reading out of the New Testament for a while sporadically, I found you can better understand the New Testament with reading the Old Testament first. Who woulda thought?

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
:lol: Yes, it does work better that way! You know what I found out? After reading the Bible through twice, then finding this series in my link and watching it from beginning to end, I finally understand the Old Testament. Now I know what they are talking about, who all the people are, why they were all so bad and what "bad" really was and it was like a light coming on!

I'm just about through the 3rd read on the NT and am going back to the OT again to see what I can see again. Every time I read it, I see something I missed.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
That series also helps understand why that the Bible is so openly convicted, information control is central to the tribulation. Anything that can be done to defile, mock, or make one into a doubting Thomas it is out there. I read something today that the Old Testament was easiest to prove because of it's vast array of readings, and history. Then on the same page said that the Patriarchs, the Reign of King David could not be shown by archaeological evidence. Here is my argument, most civilizations are aided in preservation and preserved by their works and documentation, such as the Old Testament or the Rosetta stone, and anything Ancient Greek or Roman. Scientists have no problem believing in a ancient culture from a ungodly source, but doubt a culture that shaped humanity, changed it's fate and whose stories have held since the Exodus when Moses wrote these works over 3000 years ago. Now tell me how can we doubt a historical record such as the Bible? When information is controlled, then the Bible is shown in a false light.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Always. Every day and in every way, everywhere I look I see evidence that the hatred of God grows stronger and that goes for His people as well.

heatherlynnky

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I agree Deb because honestly the help that those families and our society really only can come from God. More than ever.

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pe...ous-instructions-back-public-schools/1SDfYCJQ

Ya'll check out this petition, if you don't mind and if you think it is worthy. I created it, because I feel we have gotten too far away from the Lord, as a nation. When I was little, I had religion, in public school. Most of the children were Catholics, so they stayed in their regular ed rooms and the teacher and a nun or catechist taught the class. At the same time, the protestant children, went into the cafeteria and it was up to their respective churches to have something in place for them to learn. So everyone was happy.....well, until Friday. Some of the protestant children didn't think it was fair they had to eat fish, but they liked it, so I don't know what the problem was. But regarless, it worked. And no one my age went into school and started shooting anyone. Also, more people were productive. Less children were born out of wedlock. Church attendance was higher.
Now, I realize other things have to happen too. Its possible that our violent movies and videos have something to do with these tragedies. Also, the blue laws being dismissed, stole a lot of time, we would otherwise be spending with our relatives and at church. So Sunday is no longer a holy day, unless we make it so. But I just thought if God can be welcomed one place at a time, then it could spread.
I'd appreciate whatever help ya'll can offer. I don't know much about computers....in fact, I wasn't even sure I was going to be able to copy and paste the link above, so pretty soon, I will have exhaused all my tricks. The petition needs 150 signatures before it is available for the general public and then 25,000 before the 16th of January to be considered by the administration. Help this go out into your areas. Sign the petition, if you please and copy and paste to your e-mails and social media tools.