Sufficient Self's Bible Study Group

Rebbetzin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Please pray for my youngest sister, Heather, she got bit a few days ago in the face by a dog at work. She is a Veterinary Tech. She loves her work, and this was a horrible thing to happen. The dog was in for Chemotherapy and it just jumped up and bit her in the face! Very sad. She saw a reconstuctive facial surgeon today. They want the injury to heal for four months, then do the repair. From what the Dr. says it turns out better, less of a scar, when done that way. Anyhow she is not a happy camper and in pain, the cut, gash, goes from the bottom of her cheekbone to almost her jawline!

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
What do ya'll think?

We have missed morning church (we go somewhere different at night) the last two Sundays. Well we live in a small town, and a lady at our church has a column in it. She was talking about how most of the congregation of 13 was (the three of us, and our two friends were gone) absent last Sunday. She wrote on and said she hoped that we were all doing something for the Lord and not going to Walmart (you know, instead of church?). And then said she rather be sick and not be able to go to church than be able too and not want too.

Well first of all that wasn't it. Last Saturday was rough, I left Friday for a meeting in far Western Kentucky (close to Indiana and in central time), and then was gone Saturday and got home about 7 that night. Well Mom and my sister had a basketball tournament in far Eastern Kentucky (Almost in West Virginia) they left early and got home late. We were tired and slept in and didn't go to church.

Skip to today. My sister needs new goggles to play basketball in so she see and play. Tomorrow is the only time that she can get in without Mom missing work (which by the way she was out 3 days last week for some dumb training) and they will be missing again. I'm not gonna lie that column aggravated me, so I'm going to church somewhere else in the morning because I don't want to have to take my SATs to tell where we have all been and what we were doing and how we weren't at walmart. When really if she was really concerned about whereabouts she could have called? What ould your reaction been?

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I think she was wrong and SHOULD NOT have had anything in the paper. I agree, if she was really concerned-especially since you missed 2 Sundays-she should have called. She should read Matthew 7:1-5.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
She should have called. Period. We have missed(this will be the 3rd Sunday in a row)church a lot lately as well. With everything going on, DD working, not getting in till well after dark every day, truck breakdowns, etc. etc. etc. and nobody has called, emailed, snail mailed, nothing :lol: I guess we are at the opposite ends of the spectrum Buff ;) It really doesn't bother me all that much though. People, are just that, people, flawed humans. There is no one to answer to but ONE, little brother. Don't sweat it :hugs

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
This just adds fuel to the fire (we want to leave). So who knows we may? The church is stagnant, and we have tried to get a few activities going on. We started potluck, and nobody would bring anything and would get fussy when we tried to organize a bit better. We started a nursery for the younger kids (when we had them) and it was agreed the adults would take turns keeping it. Well it turned out that mom and I kept it almost every Sunday during worship service. So, that ended. Then one of the two Sunday School teachers left with her children, and then it was just me, my sister, and one of my friends. Then ours Moms did the teaching. My friend's mom had my sister and my mom had me and my friend. That was almost pointless. We never had any kids except us. It's been aggravating the last year or two, and I feel it's time to move on. What would you all do? Be honest.