Sufficient Self's Bible Study Group

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Good info to know, Sis! :) As for taking your Bible places....YES. I take it often when just going to town but when I travel away from my home, it is always in what I pack. Of all the things I would not want to be stranded without, it would be my Bible. I wasn't always like that and am ashamed to say that my Bible only used to travel to church and back and almost never got perused outside of Sunday service. :(

I feel blessed that God opened my eyes to the need to read and learn His word for a closer relationship with Him.

My pastor preached a message the other day that showed folks how to keep the scriptures for witnessing easy to find in your Bible. He said all you need to remember was Romans 3: 23...and at the top of that page you should write down Romans 6:23, then when you turn there you should write at the top of that page John 3:3 and keep doing that in this order: John 14:6, Romans 10:9-11, II Cor. 5:15, Rev. 3:20, John 3:16-18. Each reference leads you to another set of verses until the final one....I'd never had anyone lay it out for me before but now I feel much more confident in witnessing and pointing out specific scriptures for doing so.

I'm sure other folks have other methods but that one was the easiest and most clear I'd heard before.

Old Sew'n'Sew

All Strings Considered
Reaction score
Jesus is the light of the world, He has told us everything we need to know, we just need to listen to Him. Go toward the Light.

John 8:31-36 And so Jesus went on to say to the Jews that had believed him: If YOU remain in my word, YOU are really my disciples, and YOU will know the truth, and the truth will set YOU free. They replied to him: We are Abrahams offspring and never have we been slaves to anybody. How is it you say, YOU will become free? Jesus answered them: Most truly I say to YOU, Every doer of sin is a slave of sin. Moreover, the slave does not remain in the household forever; the son remains forever. Therefore if the Son sets YOU free, YOU will be actually free.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Getting back to the Sabbath, I try to observe a day of rest, not out of a sense of obligation. I am free from the Law. Those that try to follow the Law are debtors to do the whole law. (Galatians 5:3) And, we have been called unto liberty. But at the same time, we are not to use that liberty as an occasion to the flesh, but we are by love to serve one another. (Galatians 5:13) Romans 14:1-15-3 talks about things on which Christians my differ. I have a foot note in my Bible that expresses this better than I could. In short, this is what it says.

1. Christians are not to judge one another when they differ in things that are not specifically addressed in the Bible. This would include things like celebrating Christmas, drinking, smoking, dancing, going to the movies, etc.

2. We are personally accountable to God, not to each other.

3. We are not to do something that would cause another brother to stumble. I'd also say that if it's something a non Christian feels in not something a Christian should do, we should, if possible refrain. (Which is one reason I try NOT to do much on Sundays. I've found many non Christians that are shocked by Christians who do stuff on Sunday)

4. We have Christian liberty in regards to what we do.

5. We are to do what will edify others.

6. We are to do only things that we can do w/a clear conscience. If we feel condemned for doing it, don't.

7. We are to follow the example of Christ. Since He did not live to please Himself, but His Father, we should do the same.`

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I have a prayer request. At church tonight at alter prayer a little girl asked for prayer for her parents. She was up visiting her grandmother who had custody of her and her 2 brothers for a while. As we were leaving DD said she felt bad for her because both her parents are in jail. I really think this calls for prayer for her, her brothers, her family that takes care of them, and for her parents' salvations. This really broke my heart. Her grandmother that they are visiting brought them to church. She is also taking care of her sister who had a stroke.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Will do. What a sad situation for any child to be in.

Latest posts