Sufficient Self's Bible Study Group

Zoldani

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
You lost me. Was not the Bible written by man? So it is a way that man can understand it. Why would I assume that it means something else? Sure there are other gods and Jesus may be considered a god but not THE God. According to the Greek Lexicon, unless that is not counted in your beliefs.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Zoldani, how is a religion supposed to "prove to you" that they are true?

Christianity IS about love. But, humans are selfish, and love doesn't always show, or isn't the most obvious thing.

I love Beekissed, but we get on each others nerves. :lol: It's human.

So, if you're looking to define a group of individuals as the "perfect" group, I'm afraid you're going to have to keep looking....for a looooooooooong time...maybe forever :p

Bee is correct in that we can't see things the way God does. He is SO much smarter than us, it's not possible. Logic doesn't always hold true, at least not our logic.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Zoldani said:
You lost me. Was not the Bible written by man? So it is a way that man can understand it. Why would I assume that it means something else? Sure there are other gods and Jesus may be considered a god but not THE God. According to the Greek Lexicon, unless that is not counted in your beliefs.
Writen by the hands of man, but by the Spirit of God. Jesus is THE God IMO. Greek Lexicon or not.

Zoldani

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:

Christianity IS about love. But, humans are selfish, and love doesn't always show, or isn't the most obvious thing.

So, if you're looking to define a group of individuals as the "perfect" group, I'm afraid you're going to have to keep looking....for a looooooooooong time...maybe forever :p

Bee is correct in that we can't see things the way God does. He is SO much smarter than us, it's not possible. Logic doesn't always hold true, at least not our logic.
Please don't take me the wrong way. I guess if a religion was true it would except everyone's faults. We are all imperfect are we not. Yet every religion thinks it is better than the next. Is there a religion that accepts everyone as a blemished piece of work? I don't think so. Everyone that is religious seems to automatically find fault in the next person. That is not what Jesus taught in the Bible. So if I am to go on just what I read in the Bible, which I have read a few times, then everyone that is not accepting of others faults and doesn't love everyone equally can't really call himself a Christian. Jesus accepted everyone for who they were, shared meals with all kinds of people. If I showed up at your house and I told you or any other Christian that I was a drug addict, prostitute, thief, would you feed me? Or would you kick me out? Maybe I should back out of this conversation before it gets heated. I just can't imagine Jesus not wanting to talk to me cause of who I am, unlike many Christians, Jews, Muslims or the sort. Sorry to intrude.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Zoldani said:
Wannabefree said:

Please don't take me the wrong way. I guess if a religion was true it would except everyone's faults. We are all imperfect are we not. Yet every religion thinks it is better than the next. Is there a religion that accepts everyone as a blemished piece of work? I don't think so. Everyone that is religious seems to automatically find fault in the next person. That is not what Jesus taught in the Bible. So if I am to go on just what I read in the Bible, which I have read a few times, then everyone that is not accepting of others faults and doesn't love everyone equally can't really call himself a Christian. Jesus accepted everyone for who they were, shared meals with all kinds of people. If I showed up at your house and I told you or any other Christian that I was a drug addict, prostitute, thief, would you feed me? Or would you kick me out? Maybe I should back out of this conversation before it gets heated. I just can't imagine Jesus not wanting to talk to me cause of who I am, unlike many Christians, Jews, Muslims or the sort. Sorry to intrude.
I absolutely would invite you in, and feed you, and not bat an eyelash about it!! I think my close friendship with one of the posters on here who is pagan is a fine example of that fact. Just because we don't believe the same, doesn't mean I love her any less than my Christian family, and she IS considered family here :) Her parents have came down, and visited and had dinner with us as well, and I believe if I'm not mistaken her mother is Catholic, and he father is...well he's just funny whatever he is :lol: The point is, I LOVE them dearly, and we do not share the same religious views at all. I accept everyone's faults, but I think the key to being able to TRULY do that is to first accept your own faults, and realize, everyone is human. I am an ex addict myself, and theif...among other not so wonderful things :hu Fortunately I am Christian, have been forgiven, and my past is just that, the past, and does not have to effect my future because of the Grace given to us through Christ. Jesus WOULD want to talk to you! God loves you, even if you don't know or love Him. And through Him, I can honestly say I love you too :hugs I don't care who you have been, it's who you become that matters :)

Zoldani

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
Zoldani said:
Writen by the hands of man, but by the Spirit of God. Jesus is THE God IMO. Greek Lexicon or not.
You are intitled to your opinion. Yet the Greek Lexicon can not be ignored. You can't leave a word out of a sentence and have it mean the same thing. He is "a" god and He is "the" god does not mean the same thing no matter how you slice it. Greek, English or any other language.

Zoldani

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
Zoldani said:
Wannabefree said:

I absolutely would invite you in, and feed you, and not bat an eyelash about it!! I think my close friendship with one of the posters on here who is pagan is a fine example of that fact. Just because we don't believe the same, doesn't mean I love her any less than my Christian family, and she IS considered family here :) Her parents have came down, and visited and had dinner with us as well, and I believe if I'm not mistaken her mother is Catholic, and he father is...well he's just funny whatever he is :lol: The point is, I LOVE them dearly, and we do not share the same religious views at all. I accept everyone's faults, but I think the key to being able to TRULY do that is to first accept your own faults, and realize, everyone is human. I am an ex addict myself, and theif...among other not so wonderful things :hu Fortunately I am Christian, have been forgiven, and my past is just that, the past, and does not have to effect my future because of the Grace given to us through Christ. Jesus WOULD want to talk to you! God loves you, even if you don't know or love Him. And through Him, I can honestly say I love you too :hugs I don't care who you have been, it's who you become that matters :)
Why thank you!! Even if we may not be on the same page. I am not an addict, or thief or prostitute, just a human. Just like every other human. Yet I love everyone, feel bad for the bum on the corner, offered food but he wouldn't accept it, wanted money. My heart aches for those who hate because that is all they were taught. Sad state of affairs this world.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Yeah you can surely get an Amen there. I work with a local homeless shelter/drug rehab often, and life just stinks for some folks. They are the first ones I hug in church every week though. For every addict there is a real person inside them that just wants to be loved. :hu

The Greek Lexicon thing...I have faith that tells me He is who He says He is. I can explain it....but not when I have already been fighting sleep all day :lol: It's late here. Maybe we can continue this conversation tomorrow. I'm going to bed right now though! Good night all!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
If I showed up at your house and I told you or any other Christian that I was a drug addict, prostitute, thief, would you feed me? Or would you kick me out? Maybe I should back out of this conversation before it gets heated. I just can't imagine Jesus not wanting to talk to me cause of who I am, unlike many Christians, Jews, Muslims or the sort. Sorry to intrude.
I don't know who you've been around or who you've been talking to, but if they claim to be a Christian and they won't talk to you because of who you are, then they have missed a verse or two.

I can't imagine turning anyone from my door...and I've fed drug addicts, prostitutes and many, many thieves. Normally I don't place those labels upon them..normally I just call them my friends(sorry, guys, but you know who you are!). Actually, for the past 6 years I've left the key in my front door lock so that, if I am away, anyone who comes~be it friend or stranger~can let themselves into my house and make themselves at home...use the phone, bathroom, food, etc.

Had a sweet Japanese couple stop at my house one day and say that my house was so pretty that they wanted to know if they could eat their lunch on my front porch! I LOVED THAT!!! I wish more people did those things! I invited them in but they just wanted to eat out on the porch by themselves. It was adorable.

Zoldani

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
If I showed up at your house and I told you or any other Christian that I was a drug addict, prostitute, thief, would you feed me? Or would you kick me out? Maybe I should back out of this conversation before it gets heated. I just can't imagine Jesus not wanting to talk to me cause of who I am, unlike many Christians, Jews, Muslims or the sort. Sorry to intrude.
I don't know who you've been around or who you've been talking to, but if they claim to be a Christian and they won't talk to you because of who you are, then they have missed a verse or two.
I can't imagine turning anyone from my door...and I've fed drug addicts, prostitutes and many, many thieves. Normally I don't place those labels upon them..normally I just call them my friends(sorry, guys, but you know who you are!). Actually, for the past 6 years I've left the key in my front door lock so that, if I am away, anyone who comes~be it friend or stranger~can let themselves into my house and make themselves at home...use the phone, bathroom, food, etc.

Had a sweet Japanese couple stop at my house one day and say that my house was so pretty that they wanted to know if they could eat their lunch on my front porch! I LOVED THAT!!! I wish more people did those things! I invited them in but they just wanted to eat out on the porch by themselves. It was adorable.
My good Christian parents who won't have anything to do with me or their grandkids because I don't believe the same as them. Maybe it is bed time as Wannabefree said.

Latest posts