SufficientSelf Software Upgrade - Potential Downtime

Finnie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Can you help us know what specific things you are having a problem with? That will help us with either changing things here or the other sites.
Thanks, there’s no specific problem. I’m just not good with change. Nothing you can do about that. Good thing I have advanced warning about the other sites though. I can steel myself for it. Maybe that will help. It won’t be such a shock.

ETA: Ok, if it will be helpful for you, I’ve noticed that the font is smaller. Increasing font size on my phone didn’t make any difference. It would help if we had an option for increasing the font size.

Another issue is the page numbers at the top of the threads. There isn’t a list of numbers to click on. I’m probably missing something, but all I can do is next page, previous page, first page and last page. How do we navigate to a page somewhere in the middle? (Actually, is there a user’s guide to the changes? So far all I’ve found is this thread. Maybe I don’t know where to look.)

Last edited:

CarpCharacin

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I WANT to know what area they are in.....makes a difference in their questions and our replies. Where did that go???
We're going to add info back to the postbit soon.
Overall -- this is NOT better. :(
Overall, it is better than an unsupported version which will soon stop receiving security updates.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I am sure some of us are more confused than others -- certain you all are doing a good thing, we just aren't as ready as you. ;) Like losing an old friend....BUT we will "hurry up & wait" for all to be added. :idunno LOL no choice!

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i am guessing that @CarpCharacin is either new staff or helping out with these upgrades. :) welcome too from me. sorry if i get a bit pointed at times but i am an old computer science guy so i tend to just go right to the point without any buttering up or chit chat. :) i chit chat enough when the issues are taken care of and things are running as they should. :)