SufficientSelf's Chicken Thread!!!

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
11 New chicks, BSLs I believe. Hatch date is tomorrow, I broke the rules and swiftly moved them out of the incubator :hide

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Not sure how many chicks now, but we do have 2 Dom Chicks, and a Del Chick. From the ones I bought. Turkey eggs came in today, good shape as well. Fixing to set them and the duck eggs.......

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
I am feeling a culling coming on....this rooster is getting on my nerves. He attacks some of the hens :/ It is not setting well with me...

Cindlady2

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I had a young roo once that was attacking the hens.... I gave him away. She kept him penned up until he got a little older and realized what hens were for! LOL turned out to be a good roo, just had to get past the "awkward" stage.

I got 18 out of my first incubator hatch! Better than I expected considering after 2 weeks "someone" (I know who) was messing around with it and I found the heat cranked up to 104*! :somad I was probably there for 6 hours :barnie

I also have a broody setting on at least 10 eggs! :love

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Ended up with 27 chicks from that hatch, definitely like my LG the best. All my duck and turkey eggs are developing :D

Cindlady2

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
Wow! Someone is gonna have lots of babies! :D :thumbsup Got any pics? :pop
LOL.... Not sure if you meant me or not, but I had a hatch of 5 from another broody 10 days before the 'bator hatch. Plus I bought 7 chicks of breeds I wanted in between. So I have 30 chicks plus how ever many the broody hatches! If I kept them all is would almost double my flock! I'm looking to sell some!
First brood of the year! (5)
3142_img_0789.jpg

3142_img_0795.jpg

A couple of the ones I bought... Love the "stink eye" already!
3142_img_0809.jpg