Super bowl 2018

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I don't appreciate NFL players boycotting our national anthem. I do appreciate those who spread awareness of good causes and make donations to charity. I like seeing them persevere through challenges. Young men can use role models like Tom Brady. Like him or not, he won the AFC championship with stitches in his throwing hand. He eats all organic, clean foods and chewed out a reporter for criticizing his daughter. They're not all good role models, and he isn't perfect but with an epidemic of young people, particularly young men, without male role models all over our country, I can't complain about the positives in those they do look up to.

Still unhappy in New England this morning. Almost baseball season.... Lol

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I don't appreciate NFL players boycotting our national anthem.
I definitely agree with that. However, in this country we have the right to protest and they certainly got the attention they were seeking - but I think they generated much more negativity in how they chose to do it.

You're right about Tom Brady - love him or leave him - he's a phenomenal athlete and has likely inspired many, many young men to try to achieve goals in their own lives.

Again, I'll bring up JJ Watt. He set out to raise money for Harvey victims and set his initial goal at $200 thousand and raised over 37 MILLION. He explained how he was going to use the money in the following paragraphs:

"A total of $31.5 million will be distributed among four partners -- Americares, Feeding America, SBP and Save the Children -- over the next 18-24 months. The funds will be used to rebuild homes, restore child-care centers, provide food and address health needs of those affected most by Hurricane Harvey in Houston and the surrounding areas.

The remaining $7 million will be set aside for distribution in 2018 as the Justin J. Watt Foundation continues to assess and analyze the evolving relief efforts."

No doubt if he were an "average" citizen, without his sports fame, there would be no money here and no story. There are so many stories where so many have done great things. Are they all perfect - no. But, I like to think that most project a positive influence on society.

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I see they are showing their true colors in Philly. Any excuse to tear stuff up is a good excuse. And this is the reason I don't live in and never will live in a city. My saying is more people more problems. My son tells me I live in a place where you don't like people. But at least I don't have to worry drunks rioting where I live nor do I have to grease my trees with Crisco either :lol

IMG_20180118_153233312_HDR.jpg

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
CC, I live near Philly, and can tell you for a fact that there were very few people doing anything crazy. However, the news will focus on the negative and not the positive.