Sustainable Firstfruit's "Black Bean Chocolate Cake"

kcsunshine

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well you're right, of course. I tend to ask questions before I've re-read the recipe. Just excited to make this, I guess.

kcsunshine

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
OMG, I made it! Of course I took a small piece while it was still warm - yuk. But I didn't panic, I let it cool and it was better. Served it for supper and hubby was pleased. I whipped up some cream, sliced some ripe strawberries (I hated having to buy them, but........), and it was a hit. Now I need to sneak a bite to my neighbors to see if they like it. Yummy, yummy, yummy in my tummy, tummy, tummy. :drool :weee :drool

Kim_NC

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I made the BB cake again yesterday. I added Black Walnuts this time. We topped it with yogurt. Delicious!

Here's a pic, back on page 2 of this post, from the first time I made it:
http://www.sufficientself.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=124407#p124407

I use my own canned black beans for the recipe. It's quick and easy to just open a pint jar. It's a perfect 1 1/2 c beans once drained.

colowyo0809

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Aight! I'm gonna try this again! We are going to a friends house on Sunday for games and dinner, so I'm going to try this and see what happens :) This time I'm soaking them in the crockpot, and i've added probably too much acv and lemon juice :D I am a strong believer in overkill. Also, the beans covered the bottom of the pot, so I then filled the stupid thing with water. Lets see those stupid beans outgrow their watery home now!! haha haha muahahahahahahah!!!!! *ahem* sorry, lack of sleep, got carried away! :rolleyes: