Sustainable Firstfruit's "Black Bean Chocolate Cake"

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
It took longer to bake than I thought. It took almost 45 minutes, I kept poking it with a toothpick every 5 minutes after it was in there for 30 minutes. :p

The fresh whipped cream (heavy whipping cream, about 5 drops of stevia and a tsp of vanilla) and sliced strawberries made it perfect!

Be sure to have well-cooked black beans or you won't be able to blend them until smooth.

My child had a piece for breakfast! I didn't feel any guilt either with lacto-ferm'ed black beans, honey, butter and farm fresh eggs as ingredients. I think she could have eaten the whole durn cake in one sitting.

I need a thread on how to fill a black hole aka a teenager! How can anyone afford to feed more than one teen in the house???? (This is where a "free" hog and an extra garden will come in handy.)

Anyhoo, I was too chicken to switch the honey with the stevia, I worried about moistness. Free, what do you think, would using stevia and applesauce defeat the purpose? (I'm beginning to like the taste of stevia now.)

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I had 2 teens in the house at one time. SHEESSSHHH!!! I think the only thing that saved me was son #1 got a job at Papa John's. He at A LOT at work! LOL

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
I had 2 teens in the house at one time. SHEESSSHHH!!! I think the only thing that saved me was son #1 got a job at Papa John's. He at A LOT at work! LOL
Lucky for you! This child has a few more years left before I can farm her out...until then, well, I hide tons of stuff in weird places just to ensure it will be there when I want to eat it!

It helps to have lots-a uncooked stuff around here, if it isn't too convienent it gets passed over. :p

Lately, I've been waiting for her with a saddled horse after school so she doesn't even come inside looking for snacks etc. Please weather stay NICE!!! :fl

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
Anyhoo, I was too chicken to switch the honey with the stevia, I worried about moistness. Free, what do you think, would using stevia and applesauce defeat the purpose? (I'm beginning to like the taste of stevia now.)
Man, that cake sounds good......I will experiment with replacing half the honey with some stevia and will let you know how it goes. Of course, I won't have anything to compare it to, and I haven't had chocolate cake in so long that you could probably give me a brown piece of cardboard dusted with cocoa powder and stevia and I would get all weepy with joy..... :rolleyes:

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
(I'm beginning to like the taste of stevia now.)

Really? You mean there is hope for me....who is not enjoying stevia in her morning coffee???????

BTW I have 3 teens, 18, 16 & 14...plus DD's 19 yr old boyfriend who is always here. And a 7 yr old who has a hollow leg.

I dream of the day when no one in my world bitches that there is nothing to eat when, in fact, the refrigerator and the pantry are fully loaded. :smack

Latest posts