Sustainable Firstfruit's "Black Bean Chocolate Cake"

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Dace said:
(I'm beginning to like the taste of stevia now.)

Really? You mean there is hope for me....who is not enjoying stevia in her morning coffee???????

BTW I have 3 teens, 18, 16 & 14...plus DD's 19 yr old boyfriend who is always here. And a 7 yr old who has a hollow leg.

I dream of the day when no one in my world bitches that there is nothing to eat when, in fact, the refrigerator and the pantry are fully loaded. :smack
Yeah, the stevia took me a while. I didn't even notice it in my whipped cream.

Exactly, I'm tired of "I'm hungry." I swear, I never want to hear those two little words ever again! Now I get why so many mothers/fathers rely on pre-packaged food. Now that she eats like a Russian wolf, I finally get "it". :th

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
I've got to try that. I have friends who are on gluten free diets.
I won't be able to let SO see me prepare it though. He'd never try it :lol:
He doesn't even like it when I use whole wheat flour to bake anything, can you imagine how he'd react to me substituting black beans for white flour? :lol: :gig
Maybe I'll go to DD's house to make it and then bring him a piece ;)

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
I have found that like Wifey, if I keep ingredients on hand rather than that crap they consider food it works better.

Of course that means I am in the kitchen ALL THE TIME! :he but I guess that is the price I am willing to pay to prevent them from loading up on garbage.

1) don't have it in the house and 2) be willing to help them turn the ingredients into something edible :gig

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
I guarantee even "picky-bean-eater-xpc" wont be able to tell it there are beans in that cake, I'm not kidding ya, it was that good!

Dace, I am ALWAYS in the kitchen too!! :lol:

My saving grace is soup. Thank goodness everyone here loves soup too. Leftovers RULE!

Oh and hard boiled eggs, man perfect little snack...though the Russian Wolf can eat a dozen if I don't keep an eye on her. I also keep oranges and bananas handy.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Drake, would you eat this cake? What do you think? You are the master sweet tooth, does it sound good to you?

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
Drake, would you eat this cake? What do you think? You are the master sweet tooth, does it sound good to you?
Hee hee hee . . . really? Am I the master? :bun ;)

Well, because I do really like black beans, I think I probably would try it. I've seen this recipe before and wasn't really motivated to bake it, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't try it.

Kim_NC

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I also found it on the BYC forum and tried it. Delicious! When I told DH it was made with black beans...he said, "REALLY? No way!" :D

Ya'll need a visual? Here's a piece of it topped with homemade yogurt, peaches and blueberries.

cake_bbchoc.jpg

edit: ooppss, messed up the photo

Latest posts