Taking a break from nuclear fallout discussions.

adoptedbyachicken

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Folks we are taking a break from nuclear fallout discussions or anything related to the 'news' or 'research' that is going on following the earthquake and tsunami in Japan. Clearly this can not be discussed here within the board rules.

Please note that we try very hard to not limit discussion topics but occasionally a topic comes up that simply can't be discussed without major rule breaking. It's not the topic that is the problem so much as how it gets handled.

Currently we have multiple threads started daily and even greater numbers of reports on the threads daily. Please review the rules. Which state in part:

3. No Flaming (verbally attacking people or groups of people - e.g. a profession, an organization, a company.)
4. No Trolling (posting to provoke others, luring them to flame or rant). Trolling is sometimes done involuntarily, so please be considerate when posting.
5. No teasing, mocking, ridiculing, or otherwise making fun at other member's expense.
The continual creation of threads or posting on this topic marked with marginal at best sources or wild conclusions for 'discussion' have been repeatedly reported for Trolling, and their replies repeatedly reported for Flaming or Mocking. The hard feeling these threads create spill over onto SS threads.

Enough already, those that wish more information on the topic know how to use google or can find a suitable nuclear board to discuss it.

We work hard to make this a friendly place to get good SS information. This topic is not fitting in, and has no practical value in daily SS living.

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Maybe its time to change the rules.
we are under significant threat environmentally.

I dont know how many complaints you got but I got 10 pms asking for further information.

PM me if you want links to sites that discuss topics freely.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I for one say GO MOD!
good call !!

adoptedbyachicken

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
No one is dismissing the environmental impact of the event. It simply has proven it can't be discussed here inside the rules and is disrupting the purpose of the forum as well as the atmosphere we strive hard to achieve.

Hot topics come and go, some stay civil and some don't. We have learned in the many years and over all the boards that sometimes some topics are just best shelved for the greater good of the whole board.

Thanks for your understanding.