TanksHill...Roll on!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Not bored at all...I enjoyed reading about your life!!!

I hear ya big time on the balancing act. life sure is like that!

I would love to know more about your new solar oven idea when you work on it. definitely post about it!

I want to build a brick/earthern type oven outside in the yard...hmm...been researching it. Very interesting but need some more info before starting. Should be fun..LOL

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
Ahhhh, the hubby conversion...they just don't make a book for that! Took me awhile too, and am really still working on it, although he sees and loves the fruits of my/our labor!

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
I like your idea of describing where we live.

I read books fast like that, too. It amazes my mom that I can read a book in two days that took her two weeks....my house shows the evidence!

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Not boring in the least!
Hey, I actually been to Huntington! It would have a been about 21 years ago and I just drove through.
And I still think you should try sprouting in your toilet tank just because of your id on here!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Great journal entry...love hearing about all you've done so far! I finally had to come to the same realization....bloom where you are planted!

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
I love that "describe your area" part. I am not well traveled. Uhhhh....Like only been out of the South 1x. Made a trip to Seattle to visit a cousin about 4 years ago. So I don't know much about this country of ours.

One of my rabbits just had babies. 1 died right after it was born and 1 just disappeared. We found it 3 days later. Apparently it fell thru one of the wires. We still have not figure out how. So watch out for that.

Loved your journal. Thanks for posting that.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Thanks to you all for the warm welcome!!!

So, do you have Coyotes in your area? I do, and they suck big time. I lost a kitten about a week ago. Adopted two, Gilligan, that was his name. Was a crazy cat much prefered the out doors. I did not like having him out but it was necessay. Especially once he started peeing on all our beds.
So last week he snuck out at about 9:30 and I could not call him in. I awoke at 11:54 to a coyote yipping, I knew he was a gonner.
So now the second little kitty is my girl. Her name is Autumn and she is a cute little calico. I WILL NOT let her outside at all now. But, last night she was climbing on my head so I put her in my laundry/mud room. It's at the end of a hall so both doors, inside and out are glass. I woke up last night to yipping. One coyote was on the back stoop and the other outside my bedrrom. They were watching Autum through the glass. I removed her from the laundry she was scared to death. They coyote went away. So needless to say with the 3 year old sleeping next to me and the cat on my legs and my 5 year old waking up 3 times last night, I need more coffee.

Ok I feel better, thanks for listening. You know I think if I get a fence is may deter the coyote but I know they can jump. We used to have a big dog, Tank. He was a rottie and the coyotes new better than to come so close to the house. Now they smell the kittys and stand at the window. What do I do?

A lady told me to have my husband pee around the perimiter ofthe property. Any other ideas?
Gina

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
We don't have any coyotes around here or if we do they stay away from my house. I use to have them where I lived before be we did not have much problem with the.
I am thinking gun .... that would be my first line of defense. (My Neighbors swear I must have been some type of crazed, gun totin, vermin shootin, woman in a previous life).
I have heard that the male peeing around the property will keep some animals away but not sure about coyotes.

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
A coyote at my door would freak me out!! A couple of years ago, one was killed on the road about a mile away from my house. Our neighbors have never mentioned any problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts