TanksHill...Roll on!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Wow Gina, that is scary! I am glad that you made it home safely!

I finally got the last of the Christmas stuff packed up....oh wait, there are two ornaments that are not in the big box, better take care of those today or else they will spend the next year in the junk drawer.

Were you in the desert for New Years?

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Hey guys thanks for the well wishes. It was pretty scary. Now I think my dh is much more cautious when driving. Just before we left the desert we noticed a plastic side compartment was missing off our rig. We stopped at the intersection where we skidded. Sure enough it was off the road about 20 yards just sitting in the dirt. Dh went and got it and put it back on. It must have launched.

Dh was up at 3am today. He had a job walk up north of LA by an hour. I forget where. So I got up and did his coffee and food then went back to bed. It felt good, but then up again with the kids at 6.

Yes Dace we were out in Ocotillo for New Years. But that was the day after we got there and I was a bit hung over. I opted to go to bed early with a good movie and my down comforter. It was wonderful!!!

I still am playing catch up. I have been doing laundry all week. Between the smoke smelly jackets, linens and MX gear it takes me a while.

I have the tree almost stripped. I need to get it out. It is bothering my sinuses. Noting like being snotty all Christmas long.

Today is going to be a stay home day. I think I have enough fruit to get me through lunches tomorrow. So no need to go out.

We will see what today brings. Have a great day!!

gina

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Yikes, glad you guys were able to get it under control! That's funny though about the container being there when you came back to look.

How's ya'll's weather? Has the rain let up yet?

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Thanks Lori.

I hate to say it but the weather hear is wonderful. We had a drenching on Sunday that tapered off on Monday. Since then blue skies and cool sunshine. This weekend is supposed to be cold and clear. I guess that's relative though. The mid 50's as a daytime high is pretty cold for us. :hide

It's Friday. :woot

Today is my prep for the weekend day. I try to get all my errands and misc stuff done so I don't have to leave all weekend.

I need to get some pine shavings for the coop. Cleaning it out is on this weekends list.

I also need to rack my hard cider. Not sure what I'm doing yet. I got the stopper bottle things out of the garage and will send them through the dishwasher today.

Finish packing all Christmas away.

Mow the field and yard pull some weeds.

orchard needs to be pruned. :barnie Last time they had a good pruning my neighbors son in law from Romania did it. But hes not here this year. I guess I can give it a go.

I need to man up and attack the blackberry vines. :somad

Then there's pulling weeds around the garden boxes, the rabbit hutch and the yard. :barnie It never ends.

I canned cranberry sauce yesterday. Just cleaning out the fridge. Gotta figure out where I can store that cider. :D

Well gotta get moving.

Have a great day.

g

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
I really need to finish pruning too. But it seems its either snowing or were doing something else..............when I have free time.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Monday again!!!! :th

Well lets see.... I had a very productive weekend.

I cleaned the coop and dumped a pile of shavings under each fruit tree. The hens spread it for me. Rather nicely as well. I was bummed when I opened the bag of wheat I bought from the feed store on Fri. It had gotten wet and was sprouting. Big chunks of sprouting wet grain mixed throughout. That will need to go back today.

Got all Christmas back in the attic. Except dh fake 7 ft tree. While trying to take it down he pulled something in his back. More on that later.

Made laundry soap.
Did laundry.
Cleaned kitchen
Cleaned up house.
Made sil granola.
dh mowed the field, then we worked on cutting back the black berry and ripping up the runners.
I pulled weeds in the garden and shoveled a truck load of composted horse manure in.

I didn't rack the cider. I think I may try that today or tomorrow.

So dh was up on a plant shelf, 10ft off the ground. Trying to man handle this fake tree. I am not sure why he insist on putting it up there but its HIS tree. So while trying to carry it down the latter he strained his back. So the 5 things that were on his to do list didn't get done. :he

:idunno

We had a bit of a show out in the orchard. Dh was sitting on the ground had feeding the turkey hen and she squatted for him.. This is the first time I had seen her do this. The Tom has been following her around but didn't really know what to do. So I had dh shoo him towards her. Tom climbed right up on her back.. The poor girl. That big ol tom stood on her back. Turning in circles and not quite knowing what to do. I thought he was squashing her. So I shooed him away. She stayed down and he came back. Repeatedly!!! Until I think he finally got it. The she got up shook her feathers and walked off.

Whew!!! It was quite a show!! So let me ask you this. How much bigger is a turkey egg than a chicken egg? I don't know if my hens are even laying. :idunno

Uggg, I got a Jury Summons in the mail yesterday. The questionnaire cam a month or so ago. I filled it out and stated I was ineligible because of caring for my little one. Obviously they didn't read it. I need to call on that. I'm not going!!!

Well, I'm off to make breakfast.

have a great day!

g

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your dh's back. Stuff like that really can put a cramp in things. I hope he feels better soon.

Don't you just LOVE getting a big old list of stuff accomplished!

I got a lot of cleaning done yesterday as well. Still need to do laundry, but guess what ... it might just get done because today is a SNOW DAY!
:weee :weee :weee

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Hurray for snow days!!!!

I wanted to take some pictures of my field and yard. :hide I thought about bragging just a bit. Everything is so green because of all the rains we had.

But I can't find my camera. :barnie

So, FF do you know how big turkey eggs are??

g

Status
Not open for further replies.