TanksHill...Roll on!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Morning G! :frow

I agree about Flylady's house size! We live in a large place, well there are 6 of us! Anyhow....I took her outline and tweaked it to work for me. And I don't swish and swipe every day (4 bathrooms with 7 sinks :smack ).

What has really helped though is to stick to a morning and afternoon/evening routine.

My morning after getting kids off to school is: make beds, tidy up living room, start laundry, tidy up my bathroom, tidy up loft/kids area, clean kitchen. I used to do the kitchen first and then I would look around and be in a clean room so I would just call it a day and go run errands or hop on the computer.now if I save the kitchen for last,it ensures that I get the rest of the house done before I move on to one area to clean/ organize, iron or what ever.

In the evening I set out clothes, check my calendar, and set out lunch stuff. I also am committed to leaving the kitchen clean....which is always a challenge because I am tired at the end of the day.....but
coming out in the morning to a clean kitchen is the best!

I am impressed that you are already gearing up to garden...I really miss my nice garden :hit. I always get the bug to start seeds this time if year...especially when the weather is so beautiful!

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:D

No Co2 issues Lala were all good there. It was over 80 here yesterday. I am sure the swing in temps and the hot dry heat was the cause.

Maybe that or the instant chocolate pudding I made. :lol:

The daily grind always gets me down. I have been in the repetitive funk for years. I think it's this house. A long story but my FIL helped us build it with a very generous monetary gift. It's to big and hangs over my head as a reminder of the control they have on us. Blah blah blah...

I'm working on fixing that. :D

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Good morning Dace, looks like we were typing at the same time.

I see your point about leaving the kitchen for last. It's hard for me in the evenings. After dinner I am usually folding laundry that I piled on the bed throughout the day. I agree waking up to a clean kitchen is really nice. My 7yo has really started to help more in the kitchen.

After dinner I am usually pooped and just want to go to bed. And remember this is like 7pm. The kids go to their rooms at 7:30 and can stay up till 8 if they want to read or draw. I guess that's a side effect of getting up at 4am.

Speaking of Dad. With his new work schedule he is hardly ever home before 7pm. So most of everything I do on my own.

You make all your kids beds? I try to have them straighten when they get up. It does not have to be perfect but as they have gotten older the beds have gotten better. :D

I do the morning tidy routine. Almost every day. It just gets old. Anybody who says they like house work has to be delusional or on heavy meds. ;)

Well off to hang a load on the line.

g

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
Anybody who says they like house work has to be delusional or on heavy meds.
Indeed! LOL.

I like doing laundry >.>

And sometimes I like doing dishes.

But chores are done for the results. Otherwise they wouldn't be chores. :p

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Good Morning all!!!

Burr, I hate that chill that runs through he house just before the sun comes up.

Yesterday after school the kids went with their Aunt out to her ranch. Nothing like sleeping on an air mattess and riding horse. :hu No school today. I have no idea why. We had Monday off as well. A really short week.

Last night was really quiet with just dh and I for dinner. We ate cleaned up and them basically went to bed. Watched a bit of tv.. Boring I know. He still had to get up at 4 so it was a normal routine for us.

This morning I am sitting here thinking about what I need to get done. My sis is coming for a visit on Sat and Sun we are going to BBQ for dh birthday at the mil's house.

So I have until about 1pm today on my own. Heck that's a long time. What am I gonna do????

Oh oh I know. I'm gonna get me some horsey poo. :lol:

That would be a Good thing!!!

Well not much else going on.

Oh my favorite quote of the day...... "loose the carrot... it's a distraction!!!!" :lol: :lol: :gig

g

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:weee :celebrate :clap :woot :ya :weee

I got my first turkey egg today!!!! :weee I just went out to gather, it's already dark so I did not see it until I got back to the house. My egg count was high so I knew something was up.

Farm Fresh showed me pics of turkey eggs and said most are speckled!!

Sure enough.

333_img_2616.jpg

Now only if my Tom would get busy!!

g

Status
Not open for further replies.