TanksHill...Roll on!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
I hope your dog gets well, I wanna see some fish frying, and some pioneer cooking skills pictures when you return.

Take your dutch oven with a lid too, if you need some one pot recipes, I have a few that I have made on the trail that are pretty good and provide lost of energy.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Saturday Jun 13th

Getting lots done today.

I started my morning in the garden watering, pulling weeds and picking beans. That little 4 x 8 ft bet is sure doing great.

Working on loading the fifth wheel. Linens, Jackets etc...

Dh is getting antsy, now hes talking about leaving a day or so early and stopping at Bryce Canyon on the way.

I don't think it will happen. My washing machine just keeled over. Would not drain or spin. Not good for a front loader. When I opened the door I had a great flood. I called for a service apt. and they can't come till Wed. Ugggg.... I can't really wash and pack with no washer.

I was just talking about how I love to dry on the line. Well I surely do not like to wring out by hand. Takes forever.

Dh when and picked up two more dump truck loads full of free pavers. Still trying to gather up the sq footage we need. I really wanted to get the patio in by the 4Th of July but with vacation it won't happen. Next goal would be early Aug. for ds 9Th b day. keep your fingers crossed!!

Dog is on the mend, eye is getting better took his cone off yesterday.

Well off to do more chores. Just had to take a break for a bit.

Have a great day!!!

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
Have a great vacation, fix those trout like I suggested, post some pics if you can, be safe. Your going to a wonderful place on our Mother Earth, take it all in. :woot

Talk with you when you return if you can't visit with us while your gone. :frow :hugs

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Good morning, to all. Just stopped in to say hello and post a couple pics. We have made it to Mt. Cold a bit cloudy and frequent showers. The lake is beautiful and the view is amazing. Our journey across 5 states was an adventure. The kids managed not to hurt each other in the back seat and I succeeded not to strangle them. LOL.

We left home Thurs early am and made it to Bryce Canyon Ut by late afternoon. The drive was beautiful and looked just like I pictured the southwest desert to be. When we reached Utah the view changed and was amazing.

333_img_5356_1.jpg

Can you tell the dog is exhausted???

333_img_5315_1.jpg

Today is fathers day and we said goodbye to some friends this morning. They were here at the same campground for the last week. They are heading towards Nevada then back to Ca.

Dh is off to town for a special fish hook and his licence. Maybe I will get to fish fry for dinner. I would much prefer the fillets I brought for the BBQ but it's his choice.

Tomorrow we go in to Yellowstone. We will see Old Faithful and drive the lower loop. From what I hear it could take forever because the bison get first use of the roads. Maybe I'll have animal pictures later in the week.

Take care and be nice to each other. :)

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Great pics. Have a great vacation. Actually since you have not strangled the kids yet I guess you are having a great vacation. ;)

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Gina! Those are fabulous pictures!!!

Thank you for sharing them with us! I hope the rest of your vacation is wonderful. Have lots of fun!!

ps try to get a pic of a bison??? :p

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
Did some one say BASE JUMPING.... :celebrate :weee :celebrate :woot

I wanna come with you..... I promise I won't eat alot, I will wash dishes, and I will even cook for you, just think of me as your private Trail Chef!!!!

Can I come along, can I? :bun

:yuckyuck

Nice pics!!!! Have lots of fun........

ETA; I also have my own parachute, and if you wanna try, you can use it too.... :weee

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I loved Yellowknife! ... We went to Yellowknife when I was about 2 and then again when I was 13... My uncle works for JPL in Pasadena so we stayed at his place, then went out to Yellowstone and several other parks.

BeccaOH

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Oh, I'd loved to be in Yellowstone. I've been there twice. I love how there is something unique to see around every turn. Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.