TanksHill...Roll on!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tallman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Way to go Tanks and Dacs! Makes me wonder if any of the other members have ever met in person.

DS took a great picture!

inchworm

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Now the secret is out -- Dacs really isn't a curmudgeon at all!

Inchy

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
Oh yes I am a curmudgeon. I was on my best behavior.

If anything is spelled wrong blame it on Mozilla Firefox. I'm using someone else's computer.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Monday June 8th.

Things are getting a bit crazy for me. Lots to do before our trip to Yellowstone. I am definitely a list person. I have about 4 running now.

Menu
clothes to pack
things to take
things to do before we go.

Kids have Two count them 1, 2 days of school left. I am going to go crazy!!! :barnie

We got a wild hare and had a contractor give us a bid on our patio. We have been collecting the free pavers and wanted to see about how much it would cost. The bid came out about double what we thought. We signed a contract and gave the man a large deposit to start work this Wed. Then after spending Sat and Sunday stacking bricks we don't have enough. So we had to cancel today. What a total let down. :hit

So here's the final straw of my glorious weekend. We went to the in laws last night. My in laws have about 6 acres, my sil is on two and great grandpa is on the other two. Any ways when all the kids are at grandmas house the dogs from sil's come as well. We knew this and have had issues with sil dog being mean to my Toby( 5 month old rottie). Well 5 min before we leave the kids come running and screaming saying that sil dog bit Toby's face. So I check him out and sure enough the inside corner of his left eye is ripped open. I was sooooooooo mad. I took him to the ER vet and he had to be put under anesthesia and sewn back up. He ended up with several stitches a pain killer prescription and antibiotics. :somad

I know taking him was our choice but this dog is mean and has bit other animals and nipped at the kids. It just steams me that they allow it to roam free. I will not be taking my dog back over there and just to make a point I won't let my kids anywhere near that dog. Maybe then my mil will put her foot down and make the mean dog stay home. :duc It ended up costing us just over 3 hundred dollars to fix the dog. My mil gave my dh a check to pay for it but he gave it back. Says we knew the risk when we took the dog there. :th

Toby is on the mend and bumping into everything with his cone collar. I just hope ther are no complications because vacation is just around the corner.

Garden is growing great, all of my yellow squash are about a week out, and cuc's should be right after. I hope I am not making a mistake by leaving on vacation. I know the garden will still be here when I get back but I'll miss it. :love

Well stew on the stove and dumplings almost done. Thanks for hearing me vent. Have a great day.

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
We had something like that happen to us....long story short, cost us $700 at the emergency vet over someone elses stupidity.

We weren't even at home when it happened, someone came over and put their female in heat in the pen with our 2 males and they got to fighting over her. When we got home both our dogs could hardly move, one almost lost his ear. The bad thing is that they knew the dogs were injured and never even called us to tell us.

Sorry about the patio, we put ours in ourselves with the pavers. Now if I can just keep the chickens off of it....poo everywhere!

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Oh tanks, im so sorry about the dog. I hope he gets better fast! I just dont understand why people let dogs run free...especially when they KNOW it is a "problem" UGH!
I am like you on the list thing. If I didnt make lists...I wouldn't get things done.
Hope you have a GREAT vacation...we will miss you!!

hennypenny9

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Poor doggy. :( Everyone knows better than to bring their dog to my parent's property without asking first. Our dog never hurt a person or dog, but she WILL run another dog off our property. I have spent many an afternoon searching for teacup poodles and Pomeranians in the brush. We never bother bringing our dog anywhere away from home, other than the vet. Can't control other people's animals, or other people, so our solution is to stay away! :rolleyes:

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Thanks you guys, the pup's doing ok. Just bouncing off the walls in his collar cone. Driving everyone crazy. I am taking him to our vet today(cha ching) to be sure everything is doing ok. I need to have him on the finished side of healing and get rid of the cone before Yellowstone.

:)

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Don't you just love that cone.....poor things...they hate them but it does tend to be a source of amusement for us, right? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.