TanksHill...Roll on!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Dang that is the most smileys I have ever seen in one place. Thank you for your support and encouraging words. Your right are conversations are already different.

I am hoping that some day soon we will look back on this time and just be thankful we made it through.

While eating that bison steak in Yellowstone of course. :thumbsup

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Hey honey, freeze some of that zuccini for some bread later. Oh wait, you planted zucchini.....you'll have more. :lol: :lol: :lol:

We are all behind you, honey.

We are having similar issues with our waterfowl guide service. We wanted to get out of it but still owe some start up capital and our partners have tucked tail and run and left us high and dry. So we are starting over again this year and are going to stick with it and hope to pay off the bills and make it our own. It is scary, it is nerve-wracking, it is frustrating, it is exciting, it is hard, it is exhausting, but in the end it is ours and it will be what we make it. We tried to get out of it but everywhere we turned all the signs and signals said not to. People just wouldn't let DH quit. We have been getting calls and emails for a month wanting to book hunts already. You just have to have faith and trust that everything that is meant to happen will happen. We're here for you. :hugs

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Hey Gina...

DH has some green energy connections and is involved with several big money people. PM me and maybe we can have a get together.

Change is hard but it always brings something worthwhile!

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Thanks Lori. Kinda weird we have had phone calls from more friends and relatives in the past two days than I have heard from in a while. Not sure if thats good or bad.

Dace your on my list. :D

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
DH considered doing the same thing, and you are right it is a good business right now! I did not talk to him about what your are up to last night as he went to the padre game and got home late....he is sleeping now but I will pick his brain and se eif he can be of any use. but I think he can.

If you do not already use coupons you may want to start....they would be great for things like toilet paper, toothpaste, deoderant, shampoo, dish soap etc.

Launching a new business does take gumption, but you can do it! As long as you hold tight as a couple and support each other rather than turn on each other when things get tough! I have seen entrepreneurship tear up many marriages :(

If there is every anything hat you need help with or need someone to talk to....I am only 45 minutes away!

A wise man once told me, after I complained about the uncertainty of life, if everything was predictable why would we even bother to wake up everyday? There would never be any wonderful surprises....which is true! You gotta try to accept and even embrace life's uncertainty!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Add my prayers to that list! :thumbsup It sounds like it will be quite an adventure and, in true SS form, you are prepared food-wise and also are already in the practice of frugality......so you could say you have been expecting the unexpected all along! :hugs

Please keep up posted as you take this journey, as we can all learn by your methods. :fl

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
I said I would never put the cart before the horse, but sometimes, running your own business you become too passionate and take risk that you shouldn't.

Now, I only did it one time, but boy did I get us in a mess.

I was about 5-6 months in just starting my first business, and thinking I had worked with a client long enough, speaking on the phone, I felt secured that I would get the job. So I left and went and purchased a new welding machine, at that time I had a partnership business, today I own a S Corperation. So when I first started, my personal accounts were mixed with my business. Dangerous.....

Five days past, no contract signed, followed up with a call. Client said he had found some one local to him to build it cheaper. I was bummed, but life goes on.

So I was working in the shop, DW came in, she was hot :somad and I mean :somad :rant

Mike had called from the bank and said our mortage was short 54.00 and we need to have 59.00 before 2pm or it would be kicked back. This would be reflected in my credit records, and I didn't want that.

So we were flat donkey broke, so I had to do something. I took perfectly good sheets of copper from the shop to the scrap yard to get the scrap price. Back then I think I paid 4.00 a pound new, scrap price was .75 a pound. I got to the bank before 2pm and paid the funds into our account.

Soon things picked up again, and money started coming in.

But I wanted to share this with you, so you folks never make the same mistakes I did, not saying that you would, just food for thought really.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.