TanksHill...Roll on!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Tues July 7, 2009

Things are always changing, evolving and out of our hands.

Have a nice day! gina

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Gina, turn around and look behind you....I'm on that roller coaster with you right now, and I want off!

So come on over to my place, MP is arranging a big ss gathering! :D

Seriously....you'll get through this. Do some brainstorming, you are resourceful. We are pulling for ya! :hugs

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Gina, sorry for all the turmoil and confusion. Seems like this same thing is happening to thousands of people at this time.

You will survive, and be stronger for the experience.
Everything will work out.
(And all the other "it will be ok" sayings that I just can't think of right now.)

How hollow they all sound when we go through this kind of stuff.

Like Free said, you are resourceful.

:hugs to you.

Now Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr some more - it will make you feel better.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Aww, Gina, I'm so sorry.

Want me to loan you my free loading nephew for a bit? (or forever even?) :lol:

In all seriousness, I hope things get better for you soon....and I'll stand off to the side and puke with you.

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
freemotion said:
Gina, turn around and look behind you....I'm on that roller coaster with you right now, and I want off!

So come on over to my place, MP is arranging a big ss gathering! :D

Seriously....you'll get through this. Do some brainstorming, you are resourceful. We are pulling for ya! :hugs
What if Gina doesn't get off the ride and pukes while on it? I wouldn't want to be in your position free. :gig

Really though..... My nerves and emotions would be all over the place, I am one of those take control or I'll do it people.

But at the same time, DW and I didn't just jump into it over night, it was in the planning for 5 months, we just need the straw that broke the camels back to make us see the light.

If I knew then what I know now, I would have done it 4 months, 3weeks, 6 days, 23 hours, 59 minutes sooner.

I am reminded that this is your life, and what was best for me may not be for you. So, for now all I can do is continue to support you in whatever you decide. :hugs

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
The not knowing what tomorrow brings, can be quite un-nerving!! :(
I woke up at 3:46 last night and could not get back to sleep, worrying about getting a job to pay my bills.
That's why I am on here all day, goofing off :lol: with the rest of you all :gig
We'll all pull through, because we have to. And we have each other to lean on and at least give a verbal helpfull hand.
We have more than most, because we strive to be self reliant and are to some degree or other.
Think about all the folks who can't even cook a meal from scratch. Who have to buy every single thing, because they don't know how to do otherwise.
:thumbsup

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Thank you guy for the support and courage. No Jay, I wont barf on Free. I need her to much for that. ;) Remember she has a guest room???

I am a control person as well. It has taken many years of butting heads with my husband to stomach the amount of involvement, for lack of a better word, his parents have in our lives.

There are many stories over many years that put us where we are today in this dependent position. We made our bed and now we must lie in it.

I think deep down though I knew the ride would have to come to an end.. Jeesh there's that roller coaster analogy again. Anyways in my heart and mind I have been preparing. With my SS skills and everything I have learned over the past ten years. I think I could make a go wherever I am.

So whatever tomorrow brings we will deal with.

Besides I have lots of house chores to do, no time for worrying and two out of three of my munchkins are not feeling well...... :idunno

g

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Gina...life can be brutal huh?

The reality is that as much control as we like to think we have...steady job, happy marriage, minimal debt yadda yadda yadda...the truth is that at anytime the rug can get yanked out from underneath anyone of us. That is a tough pill to swallow because we all crave stability...I can handle the bad news, just tell me what it is so I can either fix it or formulate as plan to work around it. Right? If we have a plan we feel ok. I have been where you are ,in fact I kind of am right now and the inability to formulate a concrete plan when everything around you is in flux is really frustrating.

Hang in there girl, just take it one day at a time. Things will smooth themselves out, whether you like it or not, God (or the universe what ever you like to call it) has a plan for you and what you are going thru right now is part of that plan. Have faith...you and your hubby will find your way thru this.
:hugs

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
Gina, tell me about controlling in-laws :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: or worse yet, the partner that allows himself to be controlled. You'd think they were 8 years old sometimes!!!
SO is soo dependent on his father and I constantly hear my mom promised me.....
Heck, you better stand on your own two feet, that way, when they pull the rug out from under (and they will), you can jump and land on them.
But as a partner, there is only so much you can do.
My SO was counting on his dad to provide all kinds of stuff (including a job and partnership in a family owned store, all of which fell through when dad sold the store) and he is still counting on his dad to provide for him. I can stand by him and help him cope and deal with the consequences or I can leave. I stand by him. And I deal with the consequences. I also have a career to fall back on, maybe, if the economy ever gets better :D ;).
Gina, you sound as if you are more prepared for this upheaval than you might care to admit. I'm sure you will do fine, in the end. And think of it this way: that much less control the in-laws will have over your lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.