TanksHill...Roll on!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
hi G

yea that does bite when vacation schedule doesn't work out. been there, don't like it either. School is worst for me. Trying to fit around Nicole's school days, lined up wtih Tony's off days from work and TRY to fit in a long 4 day weekend. ugh. not many school holidays want to align with my trips :lol:

turkey egg pic is cool.

I am sure you have SS happening, but just the usual :) after a bit, the SS becomes life and it isn't new and exciting....I know.

Since the farm shutdown my workload is darn near nil. While super busy, it sure is not the same at all.

You are right about stocking. I am doing the same. Some great deals. Hit buyone get one on oil. ya know I never see buy1get1 on fry oil....but I grabbed a bunch for the pantry. Yea this time of year does have good deals. Get them now. In fact I worked on my coupon/store order for Monday. It is all buyone get1 and I have coupons. Should be very fruitful for me :) They have butter for $2.50. I am loading up. Can't find stupid butter for under the $3 something price anymore. $2.50 I want to lock in a bunch. (Geez, the crazy stuff in life that makes me smile and happy...lol cheaper butter) (I gotta get a life HA HAHA)

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Hi Karen.:frow

Funny you should mention butter. I have been keeping my eye on it. Around here I have seen some sale olives down to 2.50. But I still find the 4 pounds for 9 bucks I buy at my Cost co is the best deal. I usually buy butter every time I go and just freeze it.

I did however make butter the other day. Funny I know. I had to use up some organic heavy cream. I was trying to figure out the yeild in cream vs butter produced. My big box sell a 2 quart jug of Organic cream rather cheap. I was wondering if I should just make the butter myself

Silly me I know.

As for our vacations. Ugh they are so dictated by what my fil is doing it makes me ill. So I complain but it doesn't help.

Anyways not much going on here today. I'm making and canning cranberry sauce for the year. I like to have it year round and now the time to buy the berries.

Well off for more coffee. Have a great day.

G

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I really should stop typing on my phone. Sometimes the spell check comes up with some weird stuff.

Turkey hen still on the eggs.

Today is the first day of the kids school break. We are all being lazy and still in our pjs.

I need to get moving.

I have no plans though.
:weee

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
first day of school break?

my kiddo gets Wed, Thurs, Friday off and then back Mon.

well, while it would be nice if longer for a good camping trip, I am glad it is NOT longer HAHA

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Nope we get the whole week off. :idunno

Now my kiddos are heading out to use the snow sleds to slide down the wet grassy hill again.

Thrillbillies look out!!

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
I hope they don't end up on that MTV show Ridiculousness! If you have never watched that show you should! It is like America's funniest home videos for adults.....hilarious!!!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Happy Thanksgiving G

enjoy the day and do not work too hard please :p

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
It's just a sad day here today. Last night my cat did not come in for dinner. So I left the slider open. About 2 am a huge pack of Coyotes woke me up. They were to the west if our property. Cat was last seen at the neighbors house east of us. Playing with her grand kids.

I went out looking this morn. I found the remains if my momma turkey that had been sitting the clutch under the blackberry brambles. Something dug under the fence. I would think a coyote would have just jumped the fence. It's only 5 feet tall. There are tons of feathers everywhere. Wondering if it could have been a racoon. I gathered 18 unbroken eggs and moved them into the coop under a different hen.

Still no sign of my cat. :hit

My kid are at SIL ranch. They will be heart broken. I'm hoping the cat shows up. :fl. But not likely.

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:hit So sorry! I know that sinking feeling in your stomach when you see all those feathers... :hugs

Don't give up hope on kitty yet. We've had a couple that were gone for two days, and then showed up with no wounds or injuries. We've also lost a couple. :(

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
oh those 'yotes are a royal pain. they get in places you would think they never could...ugh

sorry about your cat. but one thing about cats, the wander. so it could be the cat will come home.

long ago up in the old frozen North of Pennsylvania where I used to live, my collie Reggie went missing. 2 days. First day I walked and whistled everywhere. Second day nothing. I was devastated. Then a neighbor 3 roads up brought him home. He was LOCKED in their garage.
huh? lol He must have went in and they closed the door and never checked....strange but that is what they said. BUT he came home.

so holding out hope for you G.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts