TanksHill...Roll on!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Yes we SS'ers are quite an interesting bunch. No goat this year. Going to go with a modified pre school schedule of two days per week. As long as my funds can hold up.

Tomatoes are finished and in the pantry and the finger is on the mend. Still a bit numb but at least I can type now.

Ok so I heard an odd noise from the other room. this is what I found. Poor dog, he's just trying to stay cool. I hope he doesn't figure out how to turn on the shower. :ep

333_img_0247_1.jpg

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Poor guy!

Gina, how hot is your house? We are a single story and in the hottest rooms it is just about 82...not bad. I can hold out, but as soon as DH gets home the AC will be full blast.

Found this on the web...kind of cute :)
images

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
The porch thermometer was at about 105 at noon. Inside because I have the house open is running about 90. Its not that bad. I guess. We have a great breeze from wast to east but it's been a hot wind for the past two days. I would prefer to have my ac running but after last months bill I just can't.

At least its a dry heat.

Tomorrow I think I will try keeping the whole house closed up. Curtains drawn and such. It's just being on top of a hill with full exposure all around sucks. We have zero shade at all times of the day. Who's idea was it to build here. lol :hide

I would love to be running the sprinkler in the yard except my whole yard is dirt. We scraped it after the lawn died, in hopes of putting in our pavers. For the past two days the kids have been having water balloon fights on my porch. No dirt involved!! Much better than mud.

Thanks BBH. The floor is the same colors but big 1 foot sq tiles in alternating colors on a diagonal. Does that make sense?

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
I just brought our dog in. It's 96 in the shade outside, a comfortable 75 inside. But I am processing another batch of green beans, so I'll be steaming the kitchen up a little.

That's a cute pic of your dog. I am always finding my cat in the bathtub.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Thursday Sept, 10th

Humm let's see. It's been forever since I journal-ed. I didn't feel like dumping my life on the table.

Well, heck there it is I dumped it on the table. My life in a nutshell. Ugggg!!!!

On a more positive note I did get 6 cases of quart jars free off facebook last week. I have so many empty quart jars it is not even funny. But I am going to hang on to them. You never know when you will need them. I am going to tyr an can some pears this week. Probably halves in quarts. So that might use some up.

Dang it's still way early. I woke up at 4. Yuck. Now I am just trying to keep quiet so the crabby kids can sleep. Thank goodness the week is almost over.

Have a great day!! gina

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Oh Gina, dumping it on the table helps to ease the pressure in your head girl.

If there is one thing that we all seem to have in common....it is that real life can be a pain and somehow we all get thru it.

I hope that things turn around for you and your family soon....this daily stress is not good for you!

Good luck on your garden....are you planning to plant some fall stuff? For some reason ripping out the old and planting anew always puts me in a better mood.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Tank.... :hugs to make up for all the controlling, manipulative men out there in this world.... :/

I loved the image/picture of you picking up the kids on your JD!!! Now THAT's country! :D

If ya can't spill yer thoughts here, where can you? :hu :hugs

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Oh, hon, I don't know what to say, but from one person with crazy in laws to another, I've lots of encouraging hugs for you! :hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs

Status
Not open for further replies.