Tap those trees!

treerooted

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Got most of the trees tapped on Saturday (6) Have 2 or 3 more to do.

We didn't get out to collect today though! So I'll try to get out in the morning, once it's not too cold. I know you're not supposed to leave sap in the buckets, but sometimes that's the way it is. We won't gift anything from the first batch :)

Evaporator is coming along nicely, DH put it together so a big thank you there. Probably try it out on Tuesday!

sumi

Sustainability Master
Administrator
Reaction score
That's wonderful! :)

NH Homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
We've got 20 gallons so far today :) probably will tap a few more trees tomorrow, this whole week should be good sap running weather!

treerooted

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Nice! I hope to have that many someday. Wish the previous owner hadn't sold all the large maples :( I'd be able to set up tubing, but the only ones left are along the property line and spread out.
Ya, I think we'll have more overflowing buckets this evening. I wasn't able to go out to collect because the water containers were in worse condition then I thought. So DH is picky up a couple more but it'll be dark by the time he gets home.
Hauling back the sap is a real challenge, it's a half mile walk with a toddler in tow.