Technology is ruining the human race

Status
Not open for further replies.

JanetMarie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Why does technology have to keep "improving"? Wasn't it okay when the news was in newspapers, when you had to talk on a land line phone (I still do), when people walked around with their heads looking forward noticing what was around them, instead of down? Wasn't it okay when your friend said they'll call you tonight, and you had to be at home for the phone call. Wasn't it okay when the service station attendant filled your gas tank, cleaned your windows, and checked your tire pressure (okay, I started driving when this was going out, but remember it being done with my dad in his car)? Wasn't it okay to read a paper book (I still do)? Wasn't it okay to go to the public library using the Dewey Decimal System to find information?

Okay, I know technology saves time, but is the human race more caring, smarter, more creative, can the younger generations solve problems?

I do like more information than ever at my fingertips, and I do think that more truth is out there than ever before for those who are looking for it, but I miss past times.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
The only "great" benefits I find from technology are: being able to look up Bible Verses, and get them in multiple versions. All I need is a single phrase from a particular scripture I am trying to remember, and I can have it at my fingertips in a moment. Even a "topic" will yield tons of scripture. The other benefit is getting to talk to people like you. Some of my greatest allies are folks that I've never laid eyes on.

But, yeah, it's sad when everyone has their faces buried in their cell phones. I think one of the negatives of such technology: It gives MSM greater opportunity to brain wash us into believing the many lies that are being pushed. Show it often enough, and people will eventually believe that the lie is truth. For example: early on in the covid agenda, multiple videos of "people in crisis" in hospitals were being posted. MSM reports about this hospital, or that hospital being over run by covid victims in crisis, with nurses and doctors running around in their garb.... Horror of panic to the casual observer.... Unless one observed that the SAME video clip was being shown for different hospitals in UK, Canada, and US!!!

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Easter New York City 1954. My, how the times have changed, haven't they?
IMG_20210402_132305_325.jpg

Edit my mistake that's 1956, not 1954.

Last edited:

JanetMarie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
There are some advantages of technology. Not saying it's all bad, but really why does it need to keep being upgraded. Do we need 5G? Some reports say that 5G may actually be harmful. I know, it's about the money.

Jobs are being replaced by technology, and have for some time. Some theories about The Great Reset or also known as The 4th Industrial Revolution, has at it's core the replacement of people by AI.

One of the good things, and potentially life-saving for me, is being to self diagnose (with the help of Dr. Google) , which no doctor could have done, or did do, and information not available in any book that I have read about health. Health information can be very misleading also, and some of the information and products for sale on-line are an outright scam.

There are other good things too, like connecting with like minded people, as @Lazy Gardener stated :love.

My cell phone provider says that at the end of this year mine and my husband's flip phones will no longer work. I don't want or need a smart phone. I hope there will be a non-smart phone option out there somewhere.

Last edited:

CLSranch

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My cell phone provider says that at the end of this year mine and my husband's flip phones will no longer work. I don't want or need a smart phone. I hope there will be a non-smart phone option out there somewhere.
I heard that 3 phones and 10+ years ago. It was out of date when I bought it they said, then the next one I got was the same. The newest is a similar flip phone.

CLSranch

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Being tired of MSM I switched to am radio a lot. My new radio has bluetooth that I can't use. (Had the wife connect it before.) But it has no a.m. option. :he Although it does pick up a good f.m. station, I'd like to listen to some NON MSM news in the garage.
New computer has blue tooth but no USB ports. I don't wireless every thing, or anything for that matter.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
For some odd reason, I slept like 10 hours last night. I just work up, looked at the clock and It's 11:30 am. I can't recall the last time I slept so sound and long. The dreams I had were so vivid and absolutely shocking. I already know my mind is going to be busy processing them today.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Being tired of MSM I switched to am radio a lot. My new radio has bluetooth that I can't use. (Had the wife connect it before.) But it has no a.m. option. :he Although it does pick up a good f.m. station, I'd like to listen to some NON MSM news in the garage.
New computer has blue tooth but no USB ports. I don't wireless every thing, or anything for that matter.
I figured out I was being fed lies, for many years. But I went one step further, brother. I unhooked the the TV all together, that was July 2020. Trust is build on truth, over a period of time. Simple... I don't trust cable news networks (any of them). I don't have desire or time to listen/watch lies.

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Isn't it just so interesting when you discover a ~20 year old magazine? Boy, it's like duh!!I I really should have paid more attention back then. But I have to admit... I was sleep walking 20 years ago.
IMG_20210403_123631_514.jpg

IMG_20210403_123641_177.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts