Technology is ruining the human race

Status
Not open for further replies.

JanetMarie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Why does technology have to keep "improving"? Wasn't it okay when the news was in newspapers, when you had to talk on a land line phone (I still do), when people walked around with their heads looking forward noticing what was around them, instead of down? Wasn't it okay when your friend said they'll call you tonight, and you had to be at home for the phone call. Wasn't it okay when the service station attendant filled your gas tank, cleaned your windows, and checked your tire pressure (okay, I started driving when this was going out, but remember it being done with my dad in his car)? Wasn't it okay to read a paper book (I still do)? Wasn't it okay to go to the public library using the Dewey Decimal System to find information?

Okay, I know technology saves time, but is the human race more caring, smarter, more creative, can the younger generations solve problems?

I do like more information than ever at my fingertips, and I do think that more truth is out there than ever before for those who are looking for it, but I miss past times.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Easter New York City 1954. My, how the times have changed, haven't they?
IMG_20210402_132305_325.jpg

Edit my mistake that's 1956, not 1954.

Last edited:

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
The amount of mis-information out there on the web is staggering. no more common sence.

Thanks to the Federal government, all TV stations went digital. Guess what, digital won't travel as far as analog so all the people that lived out on the fringe of getting the local stations no longer get them. Than includes us. I am not paying $100 a month just to get 120 channels of junk I won't watch.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
The only "great" benefits I find from technology are: being able to look up Bible Verses, and get them in multiple versions. All I need is a single phrase from a particular scripture I am trying to remember, and I can have it at my fingertips in a moment. Even a "topic" will yield tons of scripture. The other benefit is getting to talk to people like you. Some of my greatest allies are folks that I've never laid eyes on.

But, yeah, it's sad when everyone has their faces buried in their cell phones. I think one of the negatives of such technology: It gives MSM greater opportunity to brain wash us into believing the many lies that are being pushed. Show it often enough, and people will eventually believe that the lie is truth. For example: early on in the covid agenda, multiple videos of "people in crisis" in hospitals were being posted. MSM reports about this hospital, or that hospital being over run by covid victims in crisis, with nurses and doctors running around in their garb.... Horror of panic to the casual observer.... Unless one observed that the SAME video clip was being shown for different hospitals in UK, Canada, and US!!!

CLSranch

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My cell phone provider says that at the end of this year mine and my husband's flip phones will no longer work. I don't want or need a smart phone. I hope there will be a non-smart phone option out there somewhere.
I heard that 3 phones and 10+ years ago. It was out of date when I bought it they said, then the next one I got was the same. The newest is a similar flip phone.

CLSranch

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I am not paying $100 a month just to get 120 channels of junk I won't watch.
I finally got one of the big antenna's for the house (the ones that used to be normal on the side of a house). It works better than the other's "that work anywhere" I had in the other house 10 miles closer to a station. It has GRIT 24hr westerns and ME it has M.A.S.H.
FYI
I did some figuring before I got rid of Satellite t.v. and internet. In the 1st 3 years of owning this house the satellite bills if put to the house would have saved me $10k in payments+ interest. That's a lot on a 30k house. Almost any home loan if not paying extra will cost 80% more by the time it's paid off. That's including interest, escrow, insurance and all.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
There are far more issues than technology changing the world. Most of it wealth and greed driven. I am somewhat surprised that Christians are shocked by the direction of the world. We are warned. We know who is driving this system to its end. We dont have to be afraid by it. We can chose to live the best we can in the worst of times.
THIS!!!! In a nutshell.

I too am amazed when those who profess Christ are anxious and shocked by this present age. We are here, front row seats, to one of the most exciting, devastating, prophetic times in history and soon our King will reclaim His kingdom, for Whom the entire Earth and all the creatures on it have been groaning since the fall of mankind. Evil will increase to a fever pitch, so put on the whole armor of God, for we do not fight a battle of flesh and blood, but of the spirit. It's hard to watch all of this happening, so we are to keep our eyes on Christ and not on this world.

Technology itself it not bad, but what the evil mind and heart of man does with it that is the issue. Sin is the issue. Increased technology just provides more outlets for all the deadly sins~pride, greed, lust, envy, gluttony, wrath, and sloth.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm gonna say it again... My Faith is in Almighty God. So for >>> me <<< There is no better time to be alive, than today, right here, right now! You guys are making me so happy and causing a spring in my steps again : 😂 if my Lord is willing, I'm ready to float.

I can truthfully say, over the past week or so, dispite all the bad news and it literally seems the world has gone to hell in a hand basket. I can't ever recall having been more happier for this long in my life. And no I'm not on drugs 😂

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Who here went to or watched the health and freedom conference 2021, Friday and Saturday? It's official REVIVAL of the Church of the Lord Jesus Christ and the second Great Awakening has begun. My favorite speaker is Lin Wood. May Almighty God continue to use Lin Wood to BOLDLY proclaim the TRUTH. 🙏❣️

Edit:
On a side note my neighbor and I are organizing a community meet and greet for the up coming Sheriff election.

I'm going to start Investigating what I need to do to become a Temporary Emergency Safehouse for abused childern. I got two bedrooms free plus I could stack up bunkbeds in the cave.

I love when my Lord Jesus Christ puts many of his church on the same mission 🤣

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts