Technology is ruining the human race

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I finally got one of the big antenna's for the house (the ones that used to be normal on the side of a house). It works better than the other's "that work anywhere" I had in the other house 10 miles closer to a station. It has GRIT 24hr westerns and ME it has M.A.S.H.
FYI
I did some figuring before I got rid of Satellite t.v. and internet. In the 1st 3 years of owning this house the satellite bills if put to the house would have saved me $10k in payments+ interest. That's a lot on a 30k house. Almost any home loan if not paying extra will cost 80% more by the time it's paid off. That's including interest, escrow, insurance and all.
^^^ I like this guy ^^^ SMART

Daisy

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I like the internet. Ive been a member of many international forums and enjoy learning things from across the globe. Many in my age group stopped at facebook so are easily fed and limited to the bubbles they created there. Its nice to go on orderly forums and see more than just regurgitation and re-shares for me.

I would be incredibly isolated without the nbn (national broadband network). I run my tv through it. I dont have phone connection as I prefer the written word for clarity. Having a camera on my phone is fantastic for birdlife and flowers, even if its not the greatest quality, its still cool to have. I connect with a lot of people online that I would not have the chance to meet in "real life". Most locally write me off because of my disabilities. Online, I feel heard.

The town I live in is stuck in the 1950's and I think people can view that era through rose coloured glasses. As new homes are built, the joys of air conditioning and filtered water, fancy showers and dishwashers remind us that change is not all bad. Postal delivery has massively improved. Online ordering is simply brilliant as a time and energy saver.

I quite look forward to the innovations still coming. I would find life very dull if not for new discoveries.

If ya ask me, its how you use the technology that is the issue. It can be used for sharing, improving life through learning and worship... Or it can be used for politics, control and the spreading of hatred.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I remember reading somewhere, awhile ago, about the time when television became commonplace in households, how the interactions between family members were effected, negatively.
two things seemed to spell the end of "neighborliness" and that was television, which took us to "new" neighborhoods, and air conditioning, which meant you weren't out on the front porch or under a tree, visiting with passers-by

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
IMG_20210412_103949_612.jpg

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I just wanted to say how much I appreciate being here but I have a new focus in life and it will require my undivided attention time and energy. By the grace and love of Almighty God and will of my Lord Jesus Christ, I will make a positive meaning difference. All that being said I don't expect I will participating here very often. Don't mistake my silence for lack of doing. It's just the opposite. Wish me Godspeed.

May All Mighty God, bless you and your family 🙏🇺🇸❣️

IMG_20210416_000822_083.jpg

Last edited:

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Creal, I have always stated that I absolutely detest anything to do with politics. However, in this current time, I am compelled to make my voice heard. Have joined a State of Maine group that is busy getting the word out, mostly in the form of informing members and public about upcoming house and senate bills that we need to take action on: making our numbers heard in opposition to the harmful legislation that they are trying to sneak by a sleeping America.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Creal, we were talking about that very subject last night in our small group Bible Study. I made the comment: I have a hard time with forgiveness. I will gladly forgive someone who has wronged me, if they are repentant, and ask for forgiveness. But, when someone commits harm to me, and especially to those I love, or fellow humanity, and continues to do so with a seared heart, I struggle. We are seeing such atrocities committed against humanity now. But, Jesus: He forgave "ahead of time". He stated, while dying on the cross: "Father, forgive them, for they don't know what they are doing." I need that kind of heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.