Tell me straight - how does this hat look.

aggieterpkatie

Swiss Army Wife
Reaction score
Wildsky said:
Thank you Wannabe.

I'm sitting here a little bit nervous to put it all together for REAL. :gig The hat is still a little bit damp, so I have time to pluck up the courage.
The great thing about felting is if you don't like it you can just pull it off! :D

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
aggieterpkatie said:
Wildsky said:
Thank you Wannabe.

I'm sitting here a little bit nervous to put it all together for REAL. :gig The hat is still a little bit damp, so I have time to pluck up the courage.
The great thing about felting is if you don't like it you can just pull it off! :D
:gig Yep, also its really "art" so anything goes, I just don't want it to look stupid. :gig or gawdy.

I need to start knitting the next one as well. This one has so far taken me 5 days. (granted I did knit 2 hackey sacks for the kids in between :ya )

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
I've done a bit, felted down the lines, and it looks really nice - very subdued.

I'll post another picture when its all done. Its tricky working on a hat like this, not the same as felting flat on a foam block....... :lol:

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Let me state that I LOVE it! All I would recommend is to make the second leaf (the middle one of the three) slightly narrower. Can you trim it with the scissors a little on the base that is peaking out of the flower petal? Give it more shape and less boxiness?

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
murphysranch said:
Let me state that I LOVE it! All I would recommend is to make the second leaf (the middle one of the three) slightly narrower. Can you trim it with the scissors a little on the base that is peaking out of the flower petal? Give it more shape and less boxiness?
Oops - I'm done now.

I don't like to cut the felted fiber, it creates a sharp edge and I don't really like that, it would be obviously different as well and I'd have to cut them all.
73554_1566602397297_1002520499_31592149_4212229_n.jpg

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Wildsky said:
I knitted and felted a hat, and want to add a little something to the side of it.

Its a Cloche style, and I needlefelted a few leaves and a flower... a couple of pearl beads sewn into the flower

The parts are all pinned on right now... please tell me how this looks, I hate GAWDY ugly things, to me this looks pretty and slightly understated.

I will be directly needling some very skinny orangy lines in one or two little swirls to kinda connect the pieces etc.

Honestly... how does it look, pick it apart now if you think its ugly, cause those pieces are just pinned on and I can change it. :D

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z162/Mikcher/felthat.jpg
I think it looks OLD lady-ish. :hide

ETA: But better than anything I've done with needle felting. :D Sorry - don't intend to offend. Just being real.

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
"I don't like to cut the felted fiber, it creates a sharp edge and I don't really like that, it would be obviously different as well and I'd have to cut them all."

Oh, I didn't know that! Good to learn for when my felting tools arrive and I try to learn something new. :)