~Tfpets~The Journey Back to Simplicity~Tina

tfpets

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Whew, I wanted to start the Journal with the introduction and list of Questions, WOW!! it really is a MONSTER list of potential questions!
I'll answer the ones I can, I waited til the guys were in bed to start, and I may finish when they leave tomorrow!

01. Name: Tina
02. Gender: Female
03. Disneyworld or Disneyland: Disneland/Anaheim - Lots as a child!!
04. What is your favorite color: Dont have one! Love em all!
05. What is your favorite kind of gum: Watermelon
06. How much do you weigh: 139 lbs.
07. How tall are you: 5' 4"
08. Can you swim: Yes, when I have to
09. Do you like to swim: No, absolutely not. I drowned in the ocean when I was 17 and have issues now.
10. Living arrangement: Buying our home
11. What's on your mouse pad: Mice? Really, dont have one, have a track ball mouse.
12. Favorite board game: Upwords
13. Favorite magazine: Practical Poultry/Backyard Poultry/FancyFowl
14. Favorite Actor: None
15. Favorite Actress: None
16. Do you have an accent: :D Californian
17. Favorite smells: Cinnamon
18. Least favorite smells: Perfume (Gives me a migraine)
19. Favorite sound: Rooster crowing
20. Do you prefer pools or oceans: The ocean
21. Do you watch Buffy The Vampire Slayer: No
22. Pencil or pen: Pen
23. Who's better - boys or girls: Equal
24. Would you like to own a motorcycle: Have some
25. Do you sing in the shower: No
26. Who's the best looking Disney character: Shrek (Is that Disney? - I'm media ignorant, so I wouldnt know)
27. What is the first thing you think of when you wake up in the morning: put on my jeans and boots and go out to my chicken coops.
28. How many rings before you answer the phone: I dont. I let the answering machine pick up. Sometimes I check the caller ID and if its my sister or dad, I'll talk to them.
29. How do you want to die: In one piece
30. Have you ever called a 900 number: No
31. Gold or silver: Never had either, but a little of each would be nice!
32. Would you ever go bungee-jumping: Sure
33. Do you like dressing up: No, but I had to on a Cruise to Alaska once, it was okay....but I was not comfortable. I went for the food.
34. Would you rather be short or tall. I like being average, but I if I had to be either, I would prefer short - it's easier to cut off pants than it is to add yardage to them.
35. Do you enjoy reading: Yes, if you call reading blogs and the internet reading! I do like real stories like Ann Rule writes, and Science Fiction
36. What book are you reading now: None
37. Favorite books: Mrs. Frisby and the Rat of Nimh
38. What was the last movie you saw: I saw part of Mystery Men, Frankie let the boys watch it, so it was on in the same room....I dont usually watch movies.
39. Favorite movies: I've seen lots of parts of the Harry Potter movies
40. Do you sleep with a stuffed animal: Yes
41. What is your sign: Scorpio
42. What are your personality traits: Assertive, talkative, yet anti-social and private,
43. What's your biggest fear: Loss of loved ones
44. Would you ever have cosmetic surgery: No
45. Future child's name: No more planned
46. Favorite foods: Mexican Food
47. Chocolate or vanilla: Chocolate
48. Do you like to drive fast: VERY
49. Storms - cool or scary: Totally Cool! I like being at the peak of mountains in the wildest storms. I was recently caught in a lightening burst, and was 150 feet from my 4x4 when it was striking all around! The hail was raining down so hard it was bruising us! It was a very hair raising experience, to say the least.
50. Do you like to dance: Not
51. Do you do drugs: Not any more
52. Do you smoke: I quit 19 years ago
53. What do you think of people who smoke: I think they smoke. I lost my mother and my brother to Lung Cancer. I still love them. Smoking is a choice and an addiction, but the people who are addicted to smoking will tell any story they can, even be smuggly defiant, to continue to nurse their addiction. I think, most of all, I am sorry that smoking is unhealthy.
54. Do you drink: Once or twice a year. My husband is allergic to alcohol, 1/2 a beer, and he's down for the count!!
55. Favorite drink: Dark Dark Beer!
56. Do you think men and women could ever be just friends without wanting each other: Yes, I have a lot of male friends.
57. Do you eat the stems of broccoli: Yes, when well cooked. Its part of the vegetable and shouldnt be wasted.
58. If you could have any job you wanted, what would it be: Stay at home something/self making stuff.
59. What's your "type": Busy
60. Do you bite your nails: No, I cut them off very short
61. Any siblings: One brother alive, One brother deceased, One sister alive.
62. What movies have you cried in: The Piano
63. Do you believe in God: In a fashion
64. Did you ever cry over a guy/girl: Deeply
65. Have you ever stolen anything: Yes
66. Do you procrastinate: Always
67. Do you believe in fate: Yes
68. Who's your favorite Sesame Street character: Dont have one
69. Do you organize your CD's: No, only have a couple, we burn them and put 100's of songs on them, so we only need one.
70. What is your favorite kind of music: Old Rock n roll, Country Strings, Classical, Bagpipes, Rap, Female Vocalists, etc..any except current country
71. What are your favorite bands/artists: Chet Atkins/Floyd Cramer
72. What was the last CD you got: Kids Bop
73. MTV or VH1: Neither
74. Who do you admire the most: My husband
75. Internet Boyfriends and Girlfriends: No, but I hooked up my dad with his wife on Yahoo personals a few years after my mother passed away! They've been married for years now!
76. Are you single: No
77. Favorite TV show: None, dont watch it!
78. Blondes, Brunettes, or Redheads: Why?
79. Glasses or contacts: Glasses
80. What color are your eyes: Blue
81. What is your natural hair color: Blonde
82. But what color is it now: Blonde n Grey
83. Have you ever been in love: Yup!
84. Any pets: Over 100
85. Good, decent, or poor grades: All of the above!
86. Is the glass half empty or half full: Half Full
87. Do you type with your fingers on the right keys: Most of them
88. What's under your bed: Books, bills, my yorkie
89. What is your favorite number: 5
90. Favorite sport to watch: Yuck!! No sports unless watching mud bogs or tractor pulls counts!

Gee, that was awful, and it still says little about things! I'll do an introduction in my first real entry!

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
I love Mrs. Frisby & the Rats of NIMH! I remember reading it when my son purchased it as a youngster with his allowance money. I think my son and I saw the movie 4 times when it came out. :lol:

tfpets

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
keljonma said:
I love Mrs. Frisby & the Rats of NIMH! I remember reading it when my son purchased it as a youngster with his allowance money. I think my son and I saw the movie 4 times when it came out. :lol:
Yup, still my favorite! I read it when it was first published as a child! I've always had a copy, and passed it on to my son, he's 26 now, and now on to my newest enthusiast, my 10 yr. old!

tfpets

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Happy November!!

Tabletop001.jpg

This is our table I set up for fun - too much commercial stuff in town - we got this turkey on clearance for the kids when we first got them (2003) and they still giggle when he dances
At home it's about Fall right now, the changing of seasons, preparing for Winter, the plants are turning brown, I'm getting the flower and garden beds ready for a freeze, there is the smell of fresh air after a rain, egg production is down but the girls are squeeky clean from running around in the "showers", you know...what I think November should also be about, aside from Election Day cause I'm not very political, my 11th Wedding anniversary is on Saturday November 8th, Veterans Day on the 11th, or my 46th birthday on the 16th, or Thanksgiving Day to celebrate!...

Today is my day off of work. I'm lucky because I work 4 10 hour days, that way I get Friday, Saturday and Sunday off. So I'm home alone to do laundry, dishes, and my animal chores on Fridays, unless I have to go to town.

I have 5 bales of straw to distribute in the coops/pet area, drying them out after the recent storm blew two of the kennel/coops over (we had 90+mph gusts of wind). Anchor issues are being dealt with.
It's a mess right now, and I need to get it cleaned up today! The shed/coop with the kennel in it stayed toasty dry, the babies are doing fantastic.

I am filling the weekend feeders today, because we are leaving in the morning for Sacaramento and staying overnight with my MIL. She is going to watch the boys while Frankie and I go out to dinner for our Anniversary. We have a friend who is staying up here at the house for the night, but I like to make extra sure no one gets missed. Everyone has automatic waterers though, all year long.

Tina/tfpets

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
#24-What make model?

#35-Authors of sci-fi?

I like your table decorations. I really like the turkey. My Hubby got me a stuffed chicken for my birthday, he is so cute. I will post a pic of him sometime.
Are those eggs fake or real?? :)

tfpets

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
roosmom said:
#24-What make model?

#35-Authors of sci-fi?

I like your table decorations. I really like the turkey. My Hubby got me a stuffed chicken for my birthday, he is so cute. I will post a pic of him sometime.
Are those eggs fake or real?? :)
#24-What make model?
Make and Model of Motorcycles? Frankie has a Yamaha Midnight Maxim - Its a road terror, old restored crotch rocket mostly for him, but I get on with him.....I like to go fast...it'll probably be the death of me.....
We have a Yamaha 185 dirt bike, a Honda XR75 dirt bike, I have a 185 Honda 3 Wheeler, we have an Ozark 4 wheeler (I forget the #'s)...another 3 wheeler, and a smaller four wheeler...we ride as a family...all of these we got used or free (except the Yamaha, it was my 26 year olds, my dad bought it for him when he was 13) - and Frankie restored - he is a very excellent mechanic and can fix or build anything!

#35-Authors of sci-fi - I like a wide variety, including space stuff, but my first and foremost favorite, I have all of her books, is Anne McCaffrey. I passed all of my books on to my oldest son Jeremy, who loves her writing also.

And those eggs are for real!! I have Ducks and Chickens! I have a real passion for chickens and colored eggs, and I'm trying to narrow down my flock to my particular interests - Egg Production, Egg Color, Pure Breeds (my personal choices), Family Pets, and Special Needs - problem is, with that list, it's hard to get rid of anybody!! That's why I have over 80+ chickens! I do sell small quantities of egg to people at work, so it helps support my interest. They arent total freeloaders that way!

Tina/tfpets

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Dragon riders of Pern, the White Dragon, and more. I like her too. I have a wide variety when it comes to authors. Do you like Terry Brooks and/or Piers Anthony?

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
:D
Love the table! I have to get my turkey decoration out! I love Mrs. Frisbie too. I read it last year with the special ed. student I worked with. We were doing a science unit on simple machines so we read the book in conjunction with that. I'd read it before but it was fun to read it with him. Haven't read it with my son yet. We let him choose what he wants to read with us and he hasn't picked it yet.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Oh Tina, I loooooove the table decor! It's fabulous!!