~Tfpets~The Journey Back to Simplicity~Tina

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Tfpets, You cannot fix the world. Concentrate on what you have. Give them everything you have been giving cuz they will need it. You know why you cannot get involved with skippy.
Do you honestly think girls are easier :lol:

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
wow that is a big plate you have in front of you.
yes roos is right. care and love who you can in this world and give them your all. It always can't be everything. just the way it is.

sounds like your boys are doing very well with you. you did a wonderful thing and IT will show in the men they will become! :)

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
You do have a full plate but seem to be doing so well with it.

Sounds like a tough situation but you will do what is right for you and your family. Like everyone else says. You can not be all things to all people.

From my perspective I will take boys any day. I have raised 3 boys and one girl. The boys were much easier. LOL

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
That is a tough position to be in, just make sure that your mind and your heart agree to whatever decision you make:>) It will be a very difficult one, I know. The bottom line is...do you think you can actually make a difference with this child? Do you know Skippy? Some kids have problems from the start and cannot be changed...others simply need more love and attention to blossom. Sometimes it is really hard to tell the difference...

tfpets

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
We are taking this one day at a time...I am so proud of my son Charles, he is 17 years now...he has been talking to Barry - the man that adopted his brother Skippy, this is the same man that put Charles in a Group home 8 years ago...and then adopted his brother and left the state... Barry always made Charles feel like he had something wrong with him, and that Skippy was the "good kid" anyhow...
Charles has been talking to both Skippy and Barry (Telling Barry his view is pretty rigid and narrow, and perhaps he should consider compromise, sharing what Skippy is feeling, etc and telling Skippy he needs to follow rules, shouldnt talk like he is, rules are made for a reason, why he wouldnt choose to do those things, how he feels about stuff, etc....) An eye opener for us...how mature our son is...
Charles has come a long long way from the Angry abandoned 1/2 sibling to my sons, the boy I found in a Group Home here in my town, it was a coincidence actually. I got curious one day...I had met him a couple of years before, when Barry invited us to a birthday party for Skippy. Charles had just been put in a Group Home...We had just gotten Paul, so the four were together for the first time in years...it was very special for Charles....and it was the last time they'll probably ever be together....

So, I had a voicemail once inviting me to Skippy's adoption. We were busy. Then a couple of years ago, it dawned on me, I had never been invited to Charles adoption. Thought it was pretty cruddy, but figured he had given up on us coming....So I sent an email to the County the boys are from to make sure. And almost got sick when I found out Charles was left alone here in California, for a couple of years, not only that, but three months before I asked he had been moved to MY TOWN!! So I made contact with a really alone, not too happy, kinda odd turning 15 year old boy. And eventually we brought him home, into our family with his two brothers, and adopted him. Now he is a great turning 18 year old son who is going to do his best, along with us, to guide his biological brother through some tough times.....hopefully with his adoptive father.

Back to just being thankful I woke up again this morning I guess. Some people have bigger problems than I do....

tfpets

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
One of my EE's gave me her first little surprise egg yesterday!

BlueGreenEgg002.jpg

Tina

Because life goes on and on and on!!!!!!

Merry Christmas!!!!!! :lol:

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
HUGS for you and Skippy! That is a hard decision to make especially considering that it will effect the whole family and the two younger boys the most.