Thank you BBH!!

Wolf-Kim

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
My husband is in the mood to argue getting a cow. Giving him the sources to show he's being a dork! :rolleyes:

Grandma Goldie

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Maybe it is just because I grew up on a dairy farm and the only things that we drank were water (from our well) and milk (from our cows) that I find it hard to believe that people would really think raw milk was harmful. What did our grandparents and great grandparents drink? Raw milk. There was nothing that would cool me off faster on a hot summer day that to go to the milk barn and get a cup of milk out of the milk tank. Yummmm Yummmm.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
:frow Hi Grandma Goldie!

We also drank raw milk when I was a kid too. (I didn't have the luxury of cooling off in the milk barn with a cold glass of fresh (raw) milk like you though! How nice!) Funny we didn't call it "raw" (which doesn't sound that appetizing to me) we just called it MILK.

Grandma Goldie

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Your are soooo right, raw makes it sound nasty and it really is wonderful. We also used the cream to make butter and put on our cereal and cobblers. I don't know if I could eat my cobbler with the cream on it now or not. It might be too rich for me but, I would sure give it a try!

grandma

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Years ago when my children were young, I had a friend who had a dairy farm. Although it was (and still is) illegal to buy or sell unpasteurized milk, I often got a gallon or so of raw milk from her for my cats. She always reminded me not to drink it because it was illegal, and I always agreed with her that we sure wouldn't be drinking any of that unsafe milk.

We had no cats... ;)

Grandma Goldie

Power Conserver
Reaction score
grandma said:
Years ago when my children were young, I had a friend who had a dairy farm. Although it was (and still is) illegal to buy or sell unpasteurized milk, I often got a gallon or so of raw milk from her for my cats. She always reminded me not to drink it because it was illegal, and I always agreed with her that we sure wouldn't be drinking any of that unsafe milk.

We had no cats... ;)
:lol: :gig